Argus 50th Anniversary

1973 was an amazing year for classic albums that will forever be in the in constant rotation. DSoTM…Tubular Bells and Argus-amongst many others.
In commeration of the 50th year of Argus, Wishbone Ash will be performing the complete album live. They are doing this show locally at a small intimate venue later this year in Boca Raton, Florida…and for the first time in many years I went and bought a ticket.
Hopefully they will release a flat uncompressed transfer of the master tape that will sound as good as the LP I bought in Dundee many years ago.

Any Argus fans out there?

4 Likes

Yes, big fan. I still play it reasonably often.

Wishbone Ash were one of the first bands I saw live. Late 70s in Oxford I think.

Great album. Saw them at Portsmouth Guildhall in the seventies and then a few years ago at the Brook in Southampton. (Or at least the current line up).
:+1:

Great album. They are playing the Picturedrome in Holmfirth near me, but it is the weekend of my daughter’s 18th so I may be busy!!

Argus was one of my release day purchases. Great album - still enjoyed today. Never saw them in their hayday, but saw the Andy Powell led revival in maybe 2014 at the Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.