Asset uPnP Flac/ Muso 2 issue

Hi the Mac files are on the Mac hard drive and the Mac played them ok.
I don’t get a nice ordered panel like you have in windows. I have this which is not very user friendly.

Just to re-iterate the issue…the Asset uPnP is seeing all the folders that are on the list…
However its the Muso 2 Naim app that cannot see the Flac files and interestingly they do see all the MP3 and m4a files and will play them. So I have no idea where the issue lies.

Do you have Mconnect on an Iphone/ipad etc or BubbleUPnP on Android?
Can they see Asset and the flac music content and play the flac files locally on that device?

This would confirm it is the Naim App.

I suspect the answer is no, but just to check. Is the album artwork attached to your Flac files particularly large? I had a problem with this recently, although it did show, just slow to start playing - anyway always worth eliminating stuff

Secondly have you tried adding the Flac files to a USB stick and putting that in the Muso to see if it plays?

Is there something basically different about the folders/location/structure/path length of the flac files compared to the mp3 ones?
Why do you have so many folders as Asset looks at sub-folders for music?
The folders names/locations are lengthy! Try a short one with a flac album in it.
I have one for music and two for playlists (note no playlist sub-folders under R7.4) in my AssetUPnP configuration.
Or is Mac version different?
How do you know Asset is seeing them? Is the count correct?

As Paul says above, you just need /Volume/2021/Music (unless there’s stuff under there that you specifically want to exclude).
Could there be a limit to the number of folder you’re allowed to specify?

1 Like

I have also seen Path length be an issue in other places.

Its pointless have multiple folder/sub folder in Asset
Single layer folders is all thats required.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t understand his folder arrangement.

I have one layer of folders beneath my Multimedia folder that helps me manage my music.

Two folders for music I inherited, one for CD Quality (FLAC) and one for Hi Res music.
And two folders for the music I’ve ripped, a CD Quality (AIFF) and a Qobuz (Hi Res).

It’s worked flawlessly so far.

I agree that a folder for his flac files and another for the iTunes stuff might be more normal. New albums could then just be dropped in and never necessary to add any new folders to the Asset configuration.
This is best for the future but will it resolve the OP problem? Maybe?
It would be very easy to achieve.
The existing structure has worked and is not anymore so what has changed/gone wrong?

I have deleted and reinstalled the app ….the app sees the upnp but does not see the flac files. Only the mp3 and m4p files contained within the folders some of which also contain flac files.

So I have taken your advice and moved all the music into a folder on the main directory.
At the same time I updated the iOS software on my phone.
The app was now seeing all the music and indeed playing the a Flac file.
However since then the server has completely disappeared and cant see anything.
Im going to reboot my phone and see what happens…they have all come back… :blush:
Just hoping this is the end!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help and comments….
All I need to do now is get my node to see the upnp server on the Mac….:roll_eyes:
That I fear will be a lot more tricky….:smirk:

Did you get everything sorted out and is everything now OK?

Yes I did…. Thanks for your help and input….
Chris

1 Like

How did handling multi-disc albums change?

FYI - Asset have release a R7.5 beta to address the multi-disc & folder handling problem.
I have it & it works - not that I had an issue with R7.4
I expect it’ll be a full release pretty soon

1 Like

The main change was that if the Album defined by folder option was checked, if you have a folder for the album with sub-folders below that for Disc 1 and Disc 2 it was treating them as separate albums.

Thread here with more detail

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.