Asset UPnP R7.4 released

I see you’ve posted the problem on the Asset (dBpoweramp) forum.
You need to stick with that, as going back to 7.3 & that fixed it indicates thats were the problem is,
I see you’ve added 7.3 fix update.
I expect Spoon or PeterP will get to it, but a bump up with the 7.3 news will help.

Try unsetting ‘Album defined by folder’
Asset is using the file structure to define what is displayed, so if you have a multi-disc in separate folders for Disk 1, Disk 2 etc. it will use this.

My settings

1 Like

I upgraded to 7.4 again to try this suggestion. While it does make multi-disc albums appear as one entry when browsing, there is a but. I have a few albums where I may have a CD quality version with bonus tracks and a hi-res version that doesn’t have the bonus tracks and what unchecking that option is doing is lumping all the different versions of the same album in to one. With 7.3 it combines the multi-disc albums but keeps the different versions of the same album separate so back to 7.3 I go.
I know I could change the metadata on the different versions so that the album titles are different but that’s a bit of a pain.

That’s weird. Are the album names exactly the same? I edit all my hi res album names with “hi res “ or similar so I can tell them apart.

Yes album names are the same and that I guess is the problem. I know I could edit the metadata and suffix them as you suggest to distinguish between them but I can’t be bothered when Asset 7.3 doesn’t merge them

That’s weird b/c I’ve noticed for a long time the merging of identical album names under the same artist.

Is that with the album defined by folder option on or off? I’ve got it on again and that prevents merging with 7.3
That said it prevents merging with 7.4 too but that seems to be the option that is messing up the multi disc albums

I think mine has always been checked. Honestly, I don’t make too many changes from default aside from some of the folder layout and transcoding.

Yes, if you have different format versions, you have to differentiate in the Album title, i.e. it is a different album

The other approach I use is to take the HiRes standard tracks and the CD quality Bonus tracks, as one. I then don’t a differentiated version, but have all the available tracks from the Deluxe or Extended Edition.

Hi @elverdiblanco … FYI (in case you haven’t seen it) … the dBpoweramp (Asset) guru’s have launched a R7.5 beta that addresses your problem.
The update is listed as … Default behaviour of “albums defined by folders” is again consistent with pre-R7.4.

1 Like

Nice, I’ll need to take a look and hope that the beta is open to all

Yes it’s open to all, I have it & it works OK, but didn’t have your problem as I don’t manage folders & metadata the way you do.

I’ve installed the beta and it is working fine, and multi-disc albums are no longer an issue

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.