Asset UPnP

It’s an interesting problem. A good tag editor should help you see what’s actually going on.
I use MediaMonkey.

Or used to.

Though I hate to say it, I wonder if we will all abandon personal physical libraries of FLACs and WAVs. I have curated a collection of 4,000+ CDs into my Asset UPNP database on a Synology NAS. It took me 10 years to index everything satisfactorily. But since I subscribed to Qobuz I can get all those CDs at 24/96 instead of 16/44.1 and 70,000,000 others besides. So the NAS has not been turned on for weeks…

There are many albums not available on Qobuz or Tidal or even CD for that matter. I’ve just played one - LP only :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! I went to Qobuz for the Sting duets album. Couldn’t find it; used my NAS instead. But that can be because of the indexing. Maybe in a separate list under ‘Sting and Various’?!
I still happily pay a premium for Qobuz for the joy of hearing so much stuff in 24/96 :slight_smile:

And there was I hoping you were a Naim type of chap Steve!
I take it you have not gone down the Roon route?
Best
Steve (from those distant St John’s days)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.