Atc speaker connections

Thanks for the replies. I have currently got diagonal connections with negative on the bass and positive on the treble. This seems to be giving good results and I will settle on this for a while.

2 Likes

The Chord jumpers on the SCM7s ain’t no tinkering!

1 Like

I have been playing with my 40s for a few years (previous model to current)

And with the 3 terminal sets I was a bit interested

Moved the 40s into home cinema when the 50s landed and started playing

I settled on everything going to the HF post, then I went hyperbiwire from atlas and now run the HF on the High cable and the M and LF on the low

The hyper was the only biwire I found with two different copper styles in one cable

Works for me, works very well

Did the same on my c3 centre

Did play with HF being paired with the mid range but it didn’t sound right next to the c3

I’ve just tried this today for the first time.

I expected a little change, but am quite surprised how much difference the tweak has made.

Things seem smoother and clearer. Can’t see a reason to change back.

4 Likes

I have also tried this for a few days. I agree it changed the presentation more than I thought it would. More clarity and details in the top end, and overall more of an dynamic feeling. But I would not say it is smoother than before, and some music verge on being a bit sharp in some aspects, although not harsh. Will change back in a few days and compare.

Perhaps I will also try to feed the midrange driver with direct input. It is supposed to be the star of the SCM40 speaker, so maybe beneficial?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.