Atom into a pre amp

Is it possible to use Atom as a streamer into a pre amp by any chance?

Yes you can, there is quite an uplift in sound, even the dealer at AudioT in Portsmouth was amazed. I used my Atom into a NAC202 while I waited for my NDX2 to arrive. The biggest issue is that you will have two active volume controls, I set the Atom volume control at 60 I think that’s what it was as it was a while ago, and I used the NAC 202 as the main volume. You will need to ensure you have the correct phono to DIN interconnect, your dealer can advise. It’s not ideal but it’s a good short gap if you are saving for an NDX2 or other streamer.

It’s possible, but all the Unitis are designed to use a separate power amp rather than a pre or integrated for situations where the speakers need more power. So it may make sense as part of an upgrade plan, but as a one-off move, a power amp probably makes more sense.

How would it be connected?

The Atom has RCA output sockets. So a regular RCA cable will be fine, with whatever plugs you need at the other end for the power amp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.