Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaner Pro

Exactly. My plan is to clean 2nd hand records with the Loricraft to remove the surface dirt and mould, then a US clean in the Audio Desk.

My current plan is to give all records a 5 min clean in the AD then a future “top up” clean for 1 min, possibly before each play but I’m not about that yet. It’s still early days.

If I have a heavily soiled secondhand record I clean it with a 4-step solution system on my Okki Nokki RCM first. Then I followup with a Audio Desk cleaning.

I mostly change the water about every 150 records. The latest AD manual says about every 100 records if you mostly clean dirty used records and about every 150 records if you mostly clean new records. YMMV. After 150 records the water never looks contaminated and the filter and rollers have some but not a lot of contamination. I usually rinse the filter and rollers once or twice between changing the tank fluid.

1 Like

I use Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions products for my Okki Nokki. Step 1: Premium Record Cleaner Formula #15, Step 2: Enzymatic Formula, Step 3: Super Cleaner Formula, Step 4: water rinse (with a separate vacuum wand). Then on to the Audio Desk.

I still have some stubborn albums with clicks and pops. I don’t know if a Kirmuss restoration will solve or if they are just plain damaged.

1 Like

Have you tried enzymes? I recovered one album that way that an Audiodesk had failed to clean.

@JosquinDesPrez that’s great, thanks for the extra detail, much appreciated. I’ve just been reading up about Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions and their products look very interesting, alas I can’t seem to find a UK distributor so could be prohibitively costly shipping to the UK, but I’ll drop them a line to enquire.

@Yeti No, the only record cleaning fluids (other than RCM supplied) I’ve tried so far are L’Art du son and The Right One. Both very good. I’m certainly curious about alternative enzyme treatments for about the twenty or so LPs that are proving challenging for cleaning fluids I have. Do you know of any products available in the UK?

1 Like

I have one from Nitty Gritty called purezyme but I don’t know if it’s still available, nor am I sure mine still works after a couple of years.

In my Keith Monks CR502 (a ‘budget’ model from the 70’s, but sharing many of the parts of The MKII), I use Keith Monks ‘BreaktheMold’ cleaner on dirty records. I also got some ‘Discovery’ fluid from them, as a trial, which I used at first, with good results.

At present I am using L’Art du Son fluid, with distilled water to dilute.

I managed to pick up a new brush block from a seller in Canada, which is great, as some of the holes in the original one were blocked and KM wants big money for a new one.

So anyone have recommendations for a string based cleaner?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.