Audioquest Niagara

I had a Meridian 556 from a previous system in storage and hooked it up to the Star for fun. It works for me with a slightly more authoritative presentation in my fairly big lounge. Sent it to be serviced and it’s staying!

Well said! Your experience matches mine.

1 Like

jmtennapel Very good assessment of your situation. I have no doubt the improvement you hear are real. In my single-family home, we have fairly clean power as evidenced by the reading on my Trifield and Entech meters. I have an Environmental Potentials EP-2050 in my electric panel which ostensibly helps with both common and differential mode noise.

We have a few furnished rental properties (everybody loves Florida) - all being condos where the local grid is shared by several other residences. In those units the electrical noise is very high to the point where the meters max out. In those units I use plug in devices (Graham-Stetzer) to bring down the noise and protect the electronics in the place.

Hi Pete,

Hope all is well with you. Quick question RE Niagara. When I insert the plug into the socket it doesn’t seem to go all the way in, there is a gap of about 5-7mm and the plug seems a bit loose in the socket. Is this right?

Cheers!

There’s a gap of about 2mm maybe and I’m using AQ leads so must be designed that way .

Hi Pete,

Great thanks for the reply :+1:

Hi all, new to the Naim family (have a SN3 on order). I currently have the AQ Niagara 1200, which works amazing in my current system. Would you recommend plugging the SN3 into the high current plug? My guess is yes…

1 Like

I plugged my SN2 into the high current socket on my AQ Niagara 1000. It works great! The high current socket is made for amplifiers so it is a good fit.

2 Likes

Absolutely .

1 Like

Great, can’t wait!

I have a Niagara 1200 with a Monsoon cable from the wall into the main source of the 1200 - cables coming from the 1200 are nearly all Powerline Lites (2xNAP100s, Lexicon RV6, Uniti1 - used for streaming - plus standard cables for Apple TV, Zapitti). The Monsoon is very thick and a ‘pain’ to bend if you are trying to keep things tidy and/or close to the wall - but if you have room and limited sharp bends it fine. I ended up large using ‘P-clips’ to be able to mount it securely and prevent it moving around. Also important to help ensure the plan stays in a consistent position in the socket, within my install. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply… I haven’t got around to trying a monsoon yet. I have been playing around with the order in which things are plugged in which does make a difference. So far power amp in high current, streamer in one of the second bank of sockets and 252 in the furthest bank sounds best (cleaner and deeper bass).

1 Like

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for best sounding set up with the Audioquest Niagara and what you plug in where?

My set up is Audioquest Niagara 3000, NDX2 with XPSDR, NAC 282 with Hicap DR and NAPSC, NAP 250 DR

They’re currently connected to Niagara as follows:

7: NAP 250 DR
6: HICAP DR
5: TV
4: Router
3: Amazon Firestick
2: NAPSC
1: XPS DR

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

2 Likes

Hi,

Apologies for a very tardy reply. I’m really loving the Niagara 3000 and believe it’s added a great deal to the overall clarity of my system. I’m still experimenting with what should be plugged into what socket on the Niagara.

Regards,

Will

2 Likes

Your power amp should be in the high current socket cd streamer xps etc in the other sockets.

Hi Will, i have a very similar system. Can you offer any thoughts on the Niagara 1200 vs 3000 and why you opted for the latter?

Many thanks,
Eric

2 Likes

Hi Eric,

I actually chose the Niagara 3000 based on what I’d read on this thread. I’ve not had a chance to try the 1200 unfortunately but am very happy with the 3000.

The 3000 has 2 sockets for high current outlet and for about 2 months I’ve had my NAP 250 DR in one and XPS DR powering my NDX2 in the other and it sounded great. I’ve now moved the XPS DR to one of the other ‘Normal’ sockets and I’m still getting used to the sound. I’m not quite sure it sounds better this way but I’ll give it some time.

Be interesting to hear from others who have XPS DR powering NDX2 through the Niagara 3000 and which way they are plugged into it?

Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers Will. Very helpful and much appreciated. Please keep us updated on your findings!

Eric

1 Like

Will do! Thanks Eric :+1:

Hi, just for interest, which output of Niagara 1200 did you use for your Atom? High Current (1-2) or one of source outputs (3-7)?
As I understand source outputs have more filtration, but also more current resistance. Meanwhile high current outputs can produce more current but they have less filtration. It would be interesting to know which of the outputs of Niagara 1200 works better with Atom.

1 Like