Audioquest Vodka Ethernet full loom

Thanks. Your last para is what I was wondering about. My last leg (switch to streamer) is Cinnamon so think I’ll work back through the chain - balance is good generally.

1 Like

The AQ Cinnamon cables were the worst sounding of all the cables I tried in my system so I recommend demoing before buying if you have the opportunity. You could try any of the ethernet spec cables mentioned here first as they may well suit you. Many prefer them to the boutique streaming cables.

I don’t. I’ve had BJC 6a cables and i found them to make both my systems sound mediocre and unriveting. May as well go wireless.

Yeah, but you suffer from confirmation bias. :smiley:

Not with those i didn’t. They were a dead cert :grin:

Right, that’s what it is. :smiley:

They are cheap and good VFM but they didn’t float my boat. Not for music. I used mine in the TV for the BBC iPlayer.

That’s what all HiFi is. That’s why i have a full Naim system. Don’t worry, it’s not a ‘holier than though’ thing either.

The Cinnamon cables in general generate good reviews. IME with a Naim system silver cables can make it sound overly bright but i’m a great believer now that they are just revealing the weaknesses elsewhere. Same as badly soldered NAC A5, poor mains/setup etc… If the system is rough in the first place the Vodkas’ will let you know.

Thanks for this.
Just looked up BJC and not sure what I’m looking at is right as it is described as a “data cable” and 3 x 1.5m of CAT 6A is £66.75?

That sounds about right, I’m in the states so not sure about the cost but it looks reasonable.

You want the Cat 6A which comes with floating shield.

Also, I recall other members using a UK company that offers the same spec but I don’t recall which one at the moment, if you wanted to buy local. From what I’ve read though, BJC is able to get cables to the UK pretty quickly.

1 Like

IME these German MeiCord Opal Ethernet cables are better than most. Better assembled, better cable, better plugs and better sound. These too come with FLUKE certifications to help bolster the confirmation bias belief system.

That’ll be the Designacable CatSnake 6a with floating shield, my preferred weapon of choice.

2 Likes

That’s the one. Either of these options are great for getting your network dialed in.

1 Like

Here’s my one - CatSnake 6a floating shield. Good VFM. Around £35 for 2 metre?

Not so great VFM here and according to some these aren’t that good but i beg to differ.

It’s worth pointing out that although Blue Jeans Company (BJC) and DesignaCable both use Belden Cat6a cable, the former is a solid wire cable, while the latter is a more flexible braided “CatSnake” broadcast cable. They don’t sound the same. The latter offers a fuller and more textured sound with more treble detail that can tip into bloated and uncontrolled (particularly the bass) in some systems.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge here none of that detail around the “Belden” cable was apparent on websites.
I’ve looked at both BJC and Catsnake but the latter is currently out of stock.
The BJC looks like it’s incredible value so very tempted to give it a whirl.

Some sort of rfi issue I suspect…it happened to me when changing wiring around it drove me nuts… Also note I found ethernet cables require running in…

1 Like

The BJC Cat6a cables weren’t designed for sound quality in mind. The CatSnake is better for audio sound quality.

1 Like