Audirvana Upgrade

Good question, let me try find something that I can test it with, suggestions appreciated and happy to try.

I tried a few from local source and Qobuz streams and there is a slight gap between tracks. I’m not upsampling or doing any other processing either so seems the answer is probably no!

Roger Waters Amused to Death, Pros and cons of hitchiking, Is this the life, Ca Ira
Jethro Tull Thick as a brick
Genesis Lamb lies down
Marillion Misplaced childhood
Beatles “side 2” of Abbey Road (that is, Here comes the sun onwards, apart from Her Majesty at the end)
Edgar Broughton Oora
Those for starters, from memory (occasional tracks on some albums have gaps between, but most not). Numerous others from prog rock genre. Also opera.

I can certainly give those a try but imagine they’d do the same thing. I tried the same playback steps from USB source direct in to ND5 and controlled from Naim app and they playback properly gapless so it’s down to the UPnP implementation here, I might test this again with Chromecast for curiosity. The Qobuz desktop app supports both Chromecast and UPnP playback at least. Audirvana however only supports UPnP over the network.

You wont get gapless Qobuz via ChromeCast their apps gash for it.

You’re right, it’s even worse than Audirvana over UPnP:headphones:

If you want Qobuz gapless on new hardware you need Roon I’m afraid or Naim to add support for it or for them to sort out their UPnP implementation.

Can we listen to MQA files from tidal with audirvarna. Does it worth it.

Does audirvarna is easier than roon.

Audirvana handles Tidal MQA just fine, and it is very light weight in comparison to Roon.

Not sure what you mean ‘light weight’?

I read it as not requiring the processing power/memory of Room, could be wrong.

It means what Eoink said.
However, I’ve decided to use Roon, primarily:

1. Roon has no issue with Linn DSM, whereas there are some incompatibilities between Audirvana UPnP / Linn DSM and I’ve still not figured out the root cause as Audirvana blame Linn and vice versa.

2. I like the way Roon presents music, it merges Tidal / Qobuz / local music seamlessly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.