Audirvana with NDX2

I am using audirvana studio connected via Upnp to the NDX2. With the upsampling options switched on it often happens that the tracks skip to the next one when there are a few seconds to go (about 30 secs). Has anyone had the same problem? Is it possible that there is incompatibility with internal upscaling of the dac?
Thanks

Hello, I use Audirvana/MacMini with NDS (Upnup yes). What you describe happened but only a few times and I do not consider it as a problem.

Very occasionally.
I don’t upsample though as I don’t think it adds anything to the SQ

At the moment using audirvana on windows11, in the dac imput section I selected “fix for devices with unwanted playback stop” and it seems to solve.

I confirm that it depends on upsampling at any rate.
I am doing some testing to see if via upsamplig there is better SQ

A good test is “The Goldberg variations, J.S. Bach, Keith Jarrett, ECM”. This is a modern harpsichord with much rich harmonics.
This is 16bits/44,1 KHz cd quality.
If you have a good local source, CD reader, ripped CD on a hifi storage and by comparison, you will make a note that upsampling is needed to get the best SQ. Max rate on my system and the two proposed algorithms differ from each other in SQ.

1 Like

I am using as listening tracks for testing:

Dorian - by Agnes Obel
Rome- by Cabane

With the maximum frequency you can notice differences in SQ

what is the memory usage set to mate? it needs to be around half of your system memory

1 Like

Yes Damien, I set it to 4GB taking your advice. I am afraid I still have drop-outs. What I call drop-out is a short pause, mst often 2 seconds and up to 5-10 seconds. I will abide by that setup and not introduce a streamer upfront (should it be ND5XS2) because I am too convinced of NDS as a whole. When I stream music from Uniti Core, there is never any problem. In my setup, if you strictly the same track with 16/44,1 ripped CD on Uniti Core and Qobuz, I prefer Uniti Core as a source. Maybe not everybody would. Hires from Qobuz compared to a ripped CD, I get more music from Qobuz everytime the message is very rich, symphony orchestra for instance. I will keep NDS much longer because I will get a couple of 350s first and only later change the source.

Audirvāna is great. But eventually I gave up due to the hiccups I never managed to solve. I got myself a Lindemann Bridge II and use NDS as a DAC only and never looked back. Zero issues and great sound using streaming card from the same supplier as Naim use.

Thats interesting, could you screen grab your setting?

No, I cannot because Macmini has no screen, I control it with a Macbook and Teamviewer on one hand, and on the other hand I am far away on hlidays until 28th of June. If I screen copy, I get something unreadable. Thus, parameters:
NDS/Qobuz is limited to 24/96 because 24/192 just chokes it .

Mac/mini Audirvana:
Macos 13.5.0
RAM 8 GB
SysOptimizer: ready
Screen auto standby: off
NDS
PCM 44.1 48.2. 88.2. 96
DSD 64 128 256
Stereo
Memeory max 4084 MB can last max 1h2mn 96 KHz
General inversion: no
Inversion for tracks with comment Invert Polarity: Yes