Av Options now making interconnects for Naim

Yes. Roughly similar to the price of a Hiline, but much less than a Superlumina.

1 Like

I have pricing for AVO cables to replace my HiLine DIN 4-5 and DIN 5-5. The latter is now broken for a second time (not due to user error). It was finally sent off for repair (after delays from Focal N.A. just getting a repair ticket for my dealer). Hopefully it will be a no charge repair. If not, Iā€™m done with Naim getting my money.

Anyway, Iā€™m giving serious consideration to getting the AVO DIN ICs and selling my HiLines to the next sucker.

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m quite sure if Schrƶdinger had a Naim system as an enterprising physicist, instead of the Cat made famous, it would be the HiLine. Is the HiLine broken or functioning? Well, just look at it.

2 Likes

I ordered a DIN 4-5 to replace the HiLine on my Superline. I have the OEM lavender on my NDX2 while the HiLine DIN 5-5 is gone for repair. I think when it comes back Iā€™ll just leave the lavender on and sell both HiLine cables.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Corry , @nicnaim just curious as to how you are getting on with your AV Options interconnects ?

Thanks

James

2 Likes

James, Iā€™ve opened the existing thread for you.

4 Likes

Super - thanks for that, Richard.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never broken or damaged a HiLine, and have had a few. Iā€™ve always just stuck them into sockets and left them alone.
Never used a HiLine as skipping rope either.
On the other hand, I simply prefer the lavender, so not an issue for me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my AV Options DIN4-5 for a while now. I donā€™t know for sure that it sounds better, but it doesnā€™t sound worse (I havenā€™t compared them directly). What matters is I donā€™t have to worry about the damn cable breaking just because I want to disassemble/reassemble the kit for cleaning or change things around. The HiLine might sound great but I still think itā€™s one of the worst quality products overall that Naim ever made and I will never buy another. The damn thing is like, ā€œtouch me, I dare yaā€¦bwa ha ha ha.ā€ :japanese_goblin:

I still plan to sell the HiLine DIN5-5 for my NDX2 thatā€™s been repaired twice (I have the lavender installed now).

3 Likes

Iā€™m at about 70 hours with mine, so roughly halfway through the burn-in period. It continues to improve in small increments, week after week. To my ears, it sounds markedly more fluid, detailed and natural than the HiLine.

Thus far, itā€™s the only cable upgrade Iā€™ve made that Iā€™ve been really impressed by, in contrast to PowerLines and HiLine, which I felt were good, but only just about worth the money. Saying goodbye to the whole donā€™t-look-at-it-funny-or-it-will-break has been the icing on the cake.

7 Likes

As Iā€™m no longer using a Naim source - having a few Din 5ā€™s left over to wait for Naim re-introduce the CDi - now happy to use Rega Couple i/c at the pricey sum of ā‚¬150.

2 Likes

Thanks Corry :+1:

2 Likes

Yes thanks @Corry and @JosquinDesPrez
I trust both of your opinions. I love the sound of my HiLine but I agree on how fragile they are.

4 Likes

Mistake

1 Like

Iā€™m nearly a week in with my SIGNAL XLR cables and Chris West seems to have really hit the mark here. Iā€™ve tried a few XLR cables since getting my 350s back in January, but have always ended up returning to the Naim supplied cables - Other cables may have had more detail and more transparency but lacked the verve and coherence of the Naim cables. These sound wonderfully well balanced and just sound ā€˜rightā€™. Nicnaim sums it up nicely -

11 Likes

I wonder what bulk cable he is using? Iā€™ll bet itā€™s very reasonably priced.

They seem to build the wire from scratch so no bulk cable.

3 Likes

Individual conductors appear to be 20 AWG Neotech UP-OCC wire (7 strand, Teflon insulated). As Lucifer mentions, they build the cable up from there depending on the interconnect type (number of conductors, terminations required etc). The fully assembled and terminated cable then goes off for Cryo treatment. Some good info on their website on their manufacturing process if you are interested.

The final result is an excellent cable - well worth the money to my ears.

6 Likes