Av Options now making interconnects for Naim

Hi James, I’d be interested to know which other cables you tried.

Hi Dave - Hope all is good with you. Standard Naim XLRs, Chord Shawline (previous gen), SignatureX TA, Mark Grant Canare cables. I’ve been down the road with Chord Music, pre the 350s (fantastic cables, just too bloody stiff) so didn’t go there again.

If I hadn’t gone with the AV Options cables then Superlumina XLR cables would have been next on the list.

3 Likes

Did you try the Linn silver XLR or RCA interconnects? I bought power and speaker cables from AV Options quite a while ago, but I do not think much about them.

Surprisingly, the LFD Spirolink coaxial interconnect cables sound clearly better than the Linn silver XLR IME, but apparently noone here seems to know anything about them.

I used to use the Linn silvers, decent cables albeit these were the RCA versions.

I’ve heard of LFD amps, but didn’t know they made cables.

Thanks! Neotech makes great cable. Some of their cable geometries are a bit strange though.

1 Like

The odd thing about the LFD Spirolink interconnect is that it is coaxial.

Sorry, James, I was about to respond to your (much) earlier reply…and then grandkids arrived… and then more. They’re still here but I’m just grabbing a moment.

Shame that you found the Musics unwieldy, I’ve been using them for a long while and suppose I’ve just gotten used to them. It does make them easier to dress and they sound fabulous but I’m intrigued with the cryogenic ones you’re using. At some stage I may look at replacing my KDSM (old one) with a new one and, if I did, I’d consider the 350 route as you’re doing, probably going the Exakt route, if the funds are available. In the meantime, I’m still enjoying the lowly Katalyst model, which has recently received a Utopik power supply and is sounding terrific, particularly as I was encouraged to become more adept with SO and have really got a lot more from it.

2 Likes

Me neither, absolutely hated the Linn Silvers. I know others love them but they really hold everything back, imo.

1 Like

No worries Dave - I will respond with a longer reply when I get a mo :slightly_smiling_face: