Av options SuperWiremold Deep-Cryo 9 Outlet Power Strip

Agreed. I missed out on these but I do enjoy my AV Options Super Wiremold.
When Chord releases their Power-haus for the North American market I’ll check it out for sure.

It seems that power conditioning, surge suppressors, etc, at least for Naim systems is very detrimental.

I should have followed the forum’s advice years ago!

2 Likes

@marcusman Since you’re in the USA why not try out a Shunyata unit and power cord??

They take about 3 weeks to settle in…

I likely will. Ironically the company is located in my backyard but no stores locally have them. The only place that has Naim and their products is 300 miles away and in another state.

The good thing is I’m in no hurry as the AVoptions product works well.

I had an AQ Niagara 1000 with a Shunyata Sigma NR power cable plugging it into the wall. The Shunyata cable alone is 5 times the price of the Wiremold.

Hands down the Wiremold sounds better with my gear.

1 Like

Here is my power setup as of now.
I have my TV, Apple TV and cable box in switched outlets on a Monster power strip. The ethernet switch is on an unswitched outlet. When I listen to music, I simply press a button on the Monster power strip and it shuts off the outlets that are switched (TV, etc). less noise going back into the mains.
The Av options Super Wiremold powers my SN2 and NDX2 only. I plug all the noisy stuff like the TV into another strip to isolate it from the Naim gear.

1 Like

I find this rather interesting, I have not heard the Niagara line in person but have done a bunch of reading on it in the past as I was planning on adding one (but now planning on another direction). I find this interesting because the Niagara line isn’t supposed to be current limiting, I know there are a few threads on here with numerous members who went from no conditioning to one of the Niagara units & noted no loss of dynamics (& some noted its as if dynamics improved) & a lower noise floor/more details, etc. The AQ unit should be cleaning up the mains vs a non filtered setup so logic would typically be it should reveal more low level details. Do you still own the AQ unit? Would be interesting to know your thoughts with some back & forth comparisons & when the excitement of the new unit wears off.

No, I do not have the AQ anymore. I am confident that what I am hearing is real, and not due to the newness factor.

I currently have my TV, Apple TV, cable box and ethernet switch plugged into a Monster power strip, as seen in post 28.
The Monster strip has surge protection and filtering. Just the fact that it is plugged into the sane outlet as the Super Wiremold is probably polluting the circuit to a certain extent.
I will solve this problem! I found and ordered a 4 outlet individually switched Wiremold on the Internet. It has no filtering, etc. What is great with the 4 individually switched outlets, is I will be able to switch off the TV, Apple TV and cable box when I am listening to music.

1 Like

I received my other Wiremold strip. As previously mentioned, it is a 4 outlet individually switched strip. No power conditioning or surge supression.
I have my SN2 and NDX2 plugged into the AV options Super Wiremold. I have my TV, Apple TV, cable box and ethernet switch plugged into the 4 outlet Wiremold.
I can individually switch off unneeded components like the TV, Apple TV and cable box when listening to music.
I will listen over the next few days and report back.

1 Like

The AVO Wiremold came out after I bought the Adept Response block for twice as much money. That is the block that AVO sold before it came out with its Wiremold. Has anyone done a comparison?

I replaced a Wiremold strip with an Audioquest Niagara 1000 a few yeas ago and thought it was a great improvement. No reduction in dynamics and quieter. Sold the Wiremold. I brought back an Oyaide 4-way box recently from Japan and will give that a try after upgrading a couple of parts soon. Both Furutech & Oyaide make basic strips without filtering. That delux AV Options / Hubble strip used an Oyaide enclosure. What I’d really like is the new Black Oyaide strip with upgraded R1 outlets and more direct, larger diameter internal wiring. Never understood why the don’t make a strip with their best outlets.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.