Av options SuperWiremold Deep-Cryo 9 Outlet Power Strip

Hi. Is anyone using this power strip? If so, what do you think of it?

I recently removed an AQ Niagara 1000 strip and replaced it with a cheap Monster power bar. I heard no difference going to the cheaper Monster bar.

But, the Monster bar has filtration and RLC networks, which don’t play well with Naim gear. I was wondering if I could improve things with the Av options Wiremold strip? The Wiremold does not have all those nasty filtration things that adversely affect Naim gear.

I own one and felt there was slight improvement in sound. I also use the TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo AC cables which was an improvement over the standard naim cables here in the US.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

I have ordered the Wireworld! I will report my findings after I receive it and break it in.

I did something for the first time today. I bypassed my fancy power strip with filtration and plugged my SN2 directly into the wall.
I should have done it sooner…

5 Likes

A/V Options Power strips work well with Naim. I have two in use.

3 Likes

Been there. Yeah it’s kind one of those moments where you kick yourself. I still use a surge protector but only for my AV equipment.

Another pro-tip is the wall receptacle that AV Options sells. If you don’t have a dedicated line for your 2 channel equipment it’s also something to look into. It does make a difference

3 Likes

I use the AV Options SuperWiremold Deep-Cryo 9, and have for the last 4+ years at least. I use it with four Naim Powerlines (for my Naim PSUs) and one AV Options TibiaPlus 12 (for a LPS for my Clearaudio TT). No complaints.

2 Likes

The Wiremold L10320 is the best VFM powerstrip for North American Naim systems. At a mere $100 it provides a sonic improvement better than most others at many times the cost. AV Options supercharges the L10320 and makes it even better. Highly recommended.

His cables are represent excellent VFM, I use them both my main system and home theater.

3 Likes

I like mine. It is plugged into the wall socket, no filters. I also have a cryo Tibia into the Supernait 2 which also helps. Chris W puts out good products.

2 Likes

He does. He’s building me a new Z-Plug (cryo’d Naim Airplug with Z-foil resister) for my Superline. I have one already but needed a new value for my new cartridge.

1 Like

Yes, amps should definitely plug into the wall socket. And as @marcusman suggests, good wall power receptacles are a cheap and beneficial improvement.
There’s a great source for receptacles and electronics near Ottawa, and they do their own in-house deep cryo work as well. They’ll deep cryo anything you send them, or anything you order. And they make sure it’s done right. Just look them up.

2 Likes

Wait a second!! He better be recapping my HiCapDr first ! :rofl:

I agree the wall duplex is important! I already have an Oyaide R1 and it made a noticeable improvement.
I am well aware of the store you mention. I have happily bought stuff from them in the past.

1 Like

Probably will. The Naim Airplug he needs is backordered.

I’m surprisingly in no rush to get mine back. The SN3 sounds exceptional even without the HiCapDR

1 Like

Very good, that’s an excellent receptacle.
And I was very impressed with the service and helpful attitude of the people at the store. Always nice
to find a well-managed Canadian business.

2 Likes

I received my Av options Super Wiremold power strip today. I also received my Tibia 12 cryo power cable (I will plug it into my SN2).

Listening impressions to come.

3 Likes

After several hours of listening, here are my impressions of the Super Wiremold versus my former Audioquest Niagara 1000.
The sound now has more low level detail, slam and dynamics. It was as if the AQ Niagara was smearing low level detail and blunting dynamics.
The Wiremold is a great upgrade!

1 Like

It’s too bad they quit making the ultra hbl strip. I got a big SQ jump when I switched to this from the standard wiremold.

2 Likes