Awesome YouTube Stuff

Bravo! :slight_smile:

A room full of legends here!

8 Likes

The perfect antidote to that bloody awful Driving Home For Christmas that’s seemingly everyone else’s favourite :grimacing:

You just know there’s going to be a tasty solo in here :guitar:

2 Likes

Cracker!

1 Like

Larkin Poe are great. Here’s a cover of Wish You Were Here.

3 Likes

This combination of Eric Gale and Beth Hart worked like a charm despite all the frivolities on stage …

3 Likes

Lovely piece of movie making, Clint Eastwood knew how to put in drama, coolness and nostalgia with that resonant music…

1 Like

The Mothers Of Invention, live in ‘68

22 minutes of live insanity built around King Kong.

5 Likes

That has got to be one of the best things I’ve seen in a long time musically

This maybe in a different language but the beat and melody grows on me…

4 Likes

#ilovegoldfrapp

1 Like

Ennio Morricone - The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Played the whole soundtrack and couldn’t resist these two gems.

7 Likes

Scott Walker’s career was possibly the strangest, most extraordinary journey in all of popular music. This amazing piece of music (and video) is from the latter part of that fantastic voyage.

4 Likes

This is my favorite piece of music ever recorded.

2 Likes

Excellent… cheesy and full of clichés (which originated with these films) but brilliant.

Skerryvore played at St James’ Church in Emsworth last month, promoted by WemsFest. They did their soundcheck and immediately afterwards Alan Scobie, their keyboard player, took the cover off the Church’s baby grand and started playing Everyday Heroes, with other members of the band joining in. I was pottering around at the back getting things ready and it was one of those moments when you just stop and listen. Unplanned, no amplification, just acoustic instruments in the Church and simply beautiful. Normally they are seriously loud and this was such a delightful contrast.

I had no idea they’d filmed it until we were sent a link a few days later. They are such lovely people and it’s a good memory. The clip says Emsworth Baptist Church, which isn’t right, in case anyone notices!

5 Likes

Lovely, thanks for sharing…

Brilliant. Reminds me of a gloriously hot June day back in 2014 when I was walking across the Square by the old fire station in Oxford on my way to see Jeff Beck and there was this young violinist busking and playing a Paganini variation, just caught in the moment, beautiful.

2 Likes

Midlake - Young Bride

From The Trials Of Van Occupanther. The lyrics are quite creepy, the music enhances that creepiness, as does the video. One of my favourite Americana artists…no new album for yonks.

1 Like

Madonna - Frozen

Ray Of Light, her collaboration with William Orbit that brought the album up to date (for then, anyway), is a classic for me. I think this is just about her best song (I’m really not much of a fan) and the video perfectly understated.

And a stunning orchestral arrangement by Craig Armstrong.

4 Likes