Awesome YouTube Stuff

This chat between Annie and Paul is also pretty cool (also includes some comments about the Get Back film)

2 Likes

Lee Hazlewood is God.

6 Likes

Inevitably …

Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love.

This certainly grabbed everyone’s attention in 1995, but probably wouldn’t pass muster today … more’s the pity.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Stevie Salas - not often mentioned on the forum.

2 Likes

Life on the streets!

1 Like

Here’s The Peddlers absolutely SMASHING IT on the Roger Whittaker Show in the early 1970s. Love this clip, it’s brilliantly edited. Trevor Morais is an astonishing drummer and Tab Martin’s way of playing his bass is just unique. As for Roy Phillips’ organ swells…

3 Likes

Just read about Matt Johnson’s (The The) fav records. He mentions that Manitas De Plata was the Jimi Hendrix of flamenco players. Found this clip on Youtube for a good example of his playing. Just wow.

From the article I read. The Quietus | Features | Baker's Dozen | Constant Companions: Matt Johnson's Favourite Albums

3 Likes

Hansi does Hawkwind, T Rex and Alice Cooper

5 Likes

Reupping this joke, just because

1 Like

Maybe not awesome, but guaranteed to make my smile.

Skip the first 45s.

2 Likes

What an album too!

1 Like

Well, at least they managed to get the speed/tempo of Silver Machine almost correct to the original…unlike every other ‘live’ attempt by Hawkwind that I’ve heard since then. :laughing:

1 Like

Listen to the drumming on this!

1 Like

I do coke so I can work longer, so I can earn more, so I can do more coke…
Play it loud…

de Plata… yes, dazzling. I’ve always assumed that he must have been an influence, or inspiration, for Gabriela (of Rodrigo y Gabriela).

1 Like

An amazing new clip that’s just been unearthed:

6 Likes

This is awesome because of:

Lee Van Cleef’s slitty-eyes
Clint’s classic cigarillo chomp
The staring competition
And most relevantly here, the music (especially the carillon) is a wonderful case of the music driving the narrative, and the narrative driving the music

One of the best 6:46 in cinema:

8 Likes

Custard Pie.

Another one from Tangerine, the band who play Zep just for fun.

This one looks as though it was done under lockdown conditions, but it’s nevertheless a bit good, innit.

Loads more of their stuff over on The Tube.

3 Likes