Awesome YouTube Stuff

He’s stepped back, working on other projects. Indigo, The Lanky Ginger Funk Machine, is his replacement.

@TheKevster
Well, going by the great little funk jam the band did last August while waiting for Madam, he’s on the money! Vooduu People gettin’ it on that night.

1 Like

Good version. I always thought (probably incorrectly) that the late Commander Cody wrote ‘Riot in Cell Block Number Nine’. I have him doing it on the original vinyl. I guess I should read the labels because he probably mentions the original artist.

1 Like

Test. Didn’t work :laughing:

Oh well, PiL on American Bandstand…

You mean this Steve?

1 Like

In one, Kev!

Johnny takes the Bandstand.

What did the US make of PiL. Can’t imagine them playing Metal Box after a diet of their usual stuff.

1 Like

‘I am Damo Suzuki!’

Genius time signature…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Mylène Farmer - Désenchantée

I saw the video on MTV in the early 90s, but her albums weren’t distributed here. When I finally tracked L’Autre down I was delighted to find I loved every track.

I also discovered rather later that it was one of the first of her videos where she kept her clothes on.

This may not be a music vid, but it’s certainly an awesome one. I apologise that it’s a commercial, but it is just so awesome, it has to be seen.
It also features the most awesome commercial aircraft ever, the Airbus A380. Such a shame ETOPS rule changes killed demand.

BTW there are several vids on YouTube showing how it was done.

1 Like

Err, no. Definitely not. In a list that includes, among others, Short S23 Empire flying boats, the Stratocruiser, the Comet, Boeing 747 (any version) and Concorde the A380 wouldn’t even make a half-decent shortlist. Bigger is not always better.

Good advert though.

G

3 Likes

Two very different versions of the same excellent Bonamassa song. Black Country Communion,( Bonamassa , Glen Hughes, Jason Bonham, Derek Sherinian. One of my favourite rock songs, with a big nod to Free and Zep.

Found this brilliant live acoustic Bonamassa version recently on Youtube, which I think is totally stunning. The whole concert is on Youtube which I haven’t watched yet.

2 Likes

The best I’ve ever heard him perform this song.

1 Like

@dave-marshall
Absolute belter :+1:

About the best thing Zappa ever did.

2 Likes

I’ve just posted this on the Song of the Day thread. It’s certainly awesome and so deserves to be on here too. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Excellent Post-Rock. Fades in slowly, and then they bring the strings in.

1 Like

Le Muffe - Ragazzo Beat

Italian garage psych. With a video lifted from a 68 film Psych Out.