Awesome YouTube Stuff

This is the Cypriot Community in Birmingham dancing to Zorbas

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

The Aristocrats with Primuz Chamber Orchestra

I think this is the best combination of a hard rock band with an orchestra (pace Metallica and Deep Purple fans). This is stunning integration, and the whole album is a corker.

5 Likes

Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot - Bonnie and Clyde

The irrepressible Gainsbourg and the stunning Bardot. And a charmingly bonkers backing track. I reckon Serge is amongst the most talented musician, composer and epically rogue to have been largely ignored by us Brits until recently.

A true babe hound.

2 Likes

Ryo Fukui (1948 – 2016) was a Japanese jazz pianist based in Sapporo. He played regularly at the “Slowboat” jazz club in Sapporo, which he and his wife Yasuko owned.

Another Ryo Fukui masterpiece.

TRACKLIST:

1. Hot House (Charlie Parker)
  2. All The Things You Are (Jerome Kern)
  3. Red Carpet (Duke Ellington)
  4. Bouncing With Bud (Bud Powell)
  5. Embraceable You (George Gershwin)
  6. Just One Of Those Things (Cole Porter)
  7. Mellow Dream (Ryo Fukui)

CREDITS:

Ryo Fukui (piano)
Leroy Williams (drums)
Lisle A. Atkinson (bass)

2 Likes

It was 56 years ago today…

4 Likes

'Nuff said.

5 Likes

Bought this single when I was 11 - still have it in my collection. Wish I’d purchased the strides as well.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

This rare interview of Bruce Lee is so fascinating done by a very charming American interviewer…

1 Like

Pierre Berton is a famous Canadian.

Something for the guitar players on here - next time you’re noodling away, think this intro and see where it leads you.

3 Likes

Who’s the other one?

William Shatner?

1 Like

Justin Bieber of course

1 Like

Spike Milligan interview about Manic Depression (a very exclusive club judging by the famous people in history who suffered from their manic moods)

Recorded by Todd Rundgren to let Fee Waybill know exactly how he wanted Fee to do the vocals.

How it turned out.

Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa “I’ll take care of you”

3 Likes