Awesome YouTube Stuff

For some reason I’ve only just spotted this today. Thanks - fantastic playing, thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

If you wonder why you really like some music and want to understand some of the craft and technique involved, then I’d suggest checking out Elizabeth on her TCV channel on YT – I know she has a few fans around here. No hyperbole just enthusiasm and a deep appreciation for music.

Here she is analysing Beth Hart and Joe B. doing I’d Rather Go Blind from their stunning Live In Amsterdam set. It’s a long watch but a high rewarding one IMV.

3 Likes

He went to the same school I did in Malta :malta:, happy days .

A very good , if somewhat eccentric school, to give some idea, when I posted a picture of the RedArrows on the school Facebook page with a comment about seeing them in Malta :malta: , one person posted a picture as Red Two and another person posted a picture of the Arrows in mid air from the back of a transport in the Far - East

The most primal rock ‘n’ roll ever. Brilliant!

5 Likes

From Eric Clapton (07-06-2022) at Ziggo Dome Amsterdam :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Having heard Rod struggle at the Queen’s bash at the weekend here’s an alternative take of his finest hour. No video but worth a listen certainly. In a Broken Dream - YouTube

2 Likes

Great live performance - especially by guitarist Marc Ribot.

5 Likes

@JimDog
Thanks for the vid!
Just ordered the album Little Bittern is from - hope the studio take is as good as that…

1 Like

There was a video of a studio version of ‘Little Bittern’ on YT, but I can’t find it now.

Tighter than that live version - a groovy and very enjoyable track.

1 Like

‘Pinball Wizard’ - The Who - April 1969 appearance on the ‘This is Tom Jones Show’

4 Likes

Shearwater, new album out today. Really excellent.

3 Likes

I was surprised as the litlle I’ve heard of John Zorn was more ‘difficult’…seems odd to me that his music is called ‘surf music’, easy listening etc on some sites. A varied output I suppose.

Yes, if you try the full range of Zorn’s stuff you will pass through stormy waters alright.

When I bought a copy of Naked City, the salesman in Tower Records Leicester Square asked why I wasted my money on this rubbish that wasn’t proper jazz. :grinning:

This is a sweet, mellow and ‘surf’ type of track from that album:

2 Likes

My favourite Zorn album is Spillane, some of it recorded with Albert Collins on great form - a taste of which is here (and it’s on Qobuz):

4 Likes

To quote Mr Spock… Fascinating

Harsh vocals are not everyone cup of tea, but from a scientific standpoint, an opera singer (The Charismatic Voice) asking a harsh vocalist (Will Ramos - Lorna Shore] “ can I stick a camera down your throat when you sing” has to be the weirdest conversation ever but this is the result.

Note takes a little while to get going

Midnight Oil US Forces

1 Like

Best Aussie band ever by far

1 Like

I’d have to say The Go Betweens are a big fav as well. But for shear passion it’s hard to go past the Oils. Also best Aus band I’ve ever seen live.

Yep Go Betweens brilliant

I’ve got the cd of the guy that died, it’s fantastic

2 Likes