Awesome YouTube Stuff

8 Likes

I used to watch TW every week.

1 Like

This pre-recorded performance of ‘Cherish’ by Kool and the Gang was shown during Live Aid (13 July 1985).

Vocalist James “J.T.” Warren Taylor sparkles in more ways than one.

Worth looking out for the unintentionally hilarious trumpeter in glorious pink jump suit, about 2 mins in – a blockage in the tubes ends in a fabulous bum note.

1 Like

Le Jazz le Beton.

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone,

So far I have not posted anything on this thread, not least because I don’t really like its title (sorry Lindsay!). I have visited The Grand Canyon and it is “awesome” - most other things aren’t!

Ted Gioia does a blog every couple of days called “The Honest Broker” and earlier this week, he recommended a Polish artist called Hania Rani. The YouTube clip is called “Hania Rani – Live from Studio S2” and here is the link

Perhaps not “awesome”, but definitely very, very good!

I hope that you like it.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

2 Likes

Definitely fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

Lets have some good old English humour…

4 Likes

Lee Ritenour & Mike Stern with The Freeway Band - Live at The Blue Note Tokyo in February 2011
Smoke ‘n’ Mirrors:

You can also find the entire concert here:

4 Likes

Todd deserves more exposure on here. Great singing and a screaming Fender Mustang.

1 Like

Gong. In a universe all of their own.

3 Likes

MC2,

Thanks for the Gong clip. Brilliant stuff! It reminds us of how much we enjoyed, valued and still value bands and others who were pushing at the limits of music, art and acceptibility. Of course, we also had to put up with freakishness masquerading as talent, but that’s art!

Anyway, it wouldn’t be allowed today (IWBAT), neither by record companies, or the Daily Mail! Also in the IWBAT category be Phantasmagoria, by Curver Air, The Man in the Bowler Hat, by Stackridge and most stuff by Can, Alex Harvey, Iggy and many, many others. Instead, we now get Rap (I note that the word “music” is, correctly, no longer appended to the title).

A former colleague of mine used the track Shamal by Gong as a inspiration piece for creative writing in an “O” Level English class. It was fine at the time, but might now be considered too “druggy” by those crucial arbiters of educational merit - the parents! This was at about the same time that some local councillors in Ballymena, Country Antrim, banned an ELO concert on the grounds that there was too much of the four "D"s - drink,drugs, devil-worship and debauchery.

Ah, the good old days!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

1 Like

Bless.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This one is for prosperity as my late wife and I are in the audience, rough copy but just watch Vinne on drums.

1 Like

Queen - Ogre Battle (orig fom Queen II) - Live, from the Night At The Opera Tour, UK -

(Back then Queen were more of a Prog Rock sort of band.
This is the Queen that I first saw…)

2 Likes

Now for something completely different - *Ghost on camera

3 Likes

What ghost?

1 Like