Awesome YouTube Stuff

absolutely awesome, what a talent…I couldn’t help notice an ageing front row of the audience, somewhat different to concerts gone by …but hey, none of us (me included) are at the spring chicken stage any more.

1 Like

Are you sure he’s as good as Chris Rea?

I’m guessing that Mr. Rea might just be more “local boy” as far as you’re concerned?

Otherwise, it’s no contest, good as Chris Rea might be.

I think the astounding thing about Paul Rodgers is how, 50 years down the line, his voice is still as good as ever.

1 Like

No Dave, it has to be Mr Rodgers, as good as Chris Rea is. It was tongue in cheek , I was going to add an emoji, but I thought you would see through my comment :smiley:

1 Like

I may have imagined it, but I seem to recall you featuring quite a bit of Chris in the "What are You Listening To … … … " topic, hence my thoughts earlier.

We’re in agreement, then, Paul Rodgers Rules O.K.!

1 Like
3 Likes

I grew up with Free, 13/14 when I heard them first on Fire and Water “lover you turn me on but quick as a flash your love was gone” I thought what a lyric!

1 Like

You have not imagined it, I do listen to Rea a fair bit. My wife and I were in to him from his early days and we used to frequent a local cd shop that would supply us with lots of promo stuff and the like. Still have a soft spot for him. However, Mr Rodgers first band have the privilege of being the only artists we have blown a pair of speakers to. Perhaps we had it a tad LOUD that evening. It was Free Live! , just in case you were wondering :grinning:

1 Like

First 2 albums I bought Free Live and Cosmos Factory CCR.

1 Like

Excellent taste, if I may say so, sir!

1 Like

Free Live, what an album, and, for me, on the extended version, “Moonshine” just about sums up everything good about the band.

A killer track. :+1:

2 Likes

Imagine what Koss could have gone to achieve?!

2 Likes

We are so lucky after all these years that the music we love has been mostly archived properly and the introduction of digital meant a lot of unreleased material surfaced on expanded editions.

3 Likes
1 Like

Good but lacks COWBELL

2 Likes

Quite a few years back I had of going to an evening with Simon Kirke, he was brutally honest about everything which contributed towards the demise of Free, he said there would have been no saving Koss no matter what anyone tried.

Here’s a hidden gem from Free At Last the first attempt at a reunion.

3 Likes

This is a cover song of a famous track. I love this rendition from Poland…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Oh wow that was good, he has still got it. Free are one of my all time favourite bands, love listening to all of their stuff. I remember many years ago, about 20 there used to be a small record shop in the Stables at Wavenden Milton Keynes and the guy who ran it had an original concert poster of Free advertising a gig at the Fairfield Hall Croydon and I really wanted it but he wouldn’t sell, IIR I got up to £1000 and nope he said I was one of many people who tried to persuade him to sell and my bid didn’t come close to what he had been offered.

Tim

1 Like

No need for professional skills these days, you can learn how to do anything these days with online tutorials…

2 Likes