Awesome YouTube Stuff

Proof positive that they were the greatest live band. EVER. A truly smoking 36 minute “Dazed & Confused” from Seattle, 17th July 1973. That rhythm section!

2 Likes

Couldn’t find a live recording on YouTube - so just a released video…

2 Likes

Richie Benaud’s Farewell to commentating in England.

Note how few words were used back then.

1 Like

With all going on in Eastern Europe this may be connected…

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense. What a fabulous trailer…

“We’re bringing Jonathan Demme’s seminal Talking Heads doc STOP MAKING SENSE back to theaters for its 40th anniversary, newly restored in pristine 4K. Experience/re-experience the greatest concert film of all time in IMAX September 22 and theaters everywhere September 29!”

5 Likes

Fascinating documentary programme about Art Pepper:

3 Likes

Matteo Mancuso

Not the usual type of clip, but hey, this young chap is seriously good. His new album, The Journey, is my album of the year so far - available on Bandcamp.

This chap is hilarious. And also seems to be a rather exceptional drummer. Worth checking out his other stuff.

El Estepario Siberiano

1 Like

I’ve watched a few of his videos. Yep, he’s some drummer, and can be fun in short bursts
…but I wonder what he’s like within an actual song? Fastest bass drums, check, flash one-sticking snare, check - but what about feel and supporting the tune/song?

Can’t remember if he plays for a band.

1 Like

He did a piece about that.

TL:DR he doesn’t play for a band, he just likes to drum

Brilliant ! Thanks for posting. I think I might have seen it about 40 years ago but never since.

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Did you like the way I left the score in there for the benefit of those who don’t trust their ears and insist on scientific proof :grinning:

Thanks for introducing me to a new band – sounds worth exploring more…

That one is probably not to everyone’s taste, but the music output is quite varied depending on the collaborators for various projects, see some of the posts here:

1135 posts I lose track so we may have seen before but Steve Gadd on here, more like a metronome than a human drummer!

1 Like

If you like drums… Simon Phillips

3 Likes

Lovely ‘feel’ and dynamics…

1 Like

I can only agree, IMHO one of the best drummers.

1 Like