Awesome YouTube Stuff

The Yardbirds, with … Jimmy Page…!!! Chaville, France 1967.

Keith Relf is noticeable off key, in the 1st song. Guess he couldn’t hear himself properly. An Engineer is called. The next number is better. Proper monitors were still in the future… :neutral_face:

Enjoy…

1 Like
3 Likes

Something from the past to stir up the modern life…

5 Likes
1 Like

And what about this version at the Concert for George, with an uncredited choir member on the right?

3 Likes

Ahh, Mr Hanks :smile:

1 Like

Try PLAYING FOR CHANGE on YouTube
Some famous and some not so famous people,but very good music who ever plays it .

Spyro Gyra live - Leverkusener Jazztage 2022 - Jazzline

1 Like

The Tedeschi Trucks Band, with Billy Gibbons and Jimmy Vaughan.

Wow…!

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Turn it up!

3 Likes

The MC5 doing rock ‘n’ roll how it should be done. RIP Wayne:

6 Likes

Wayne Kramer playing ‘Kick out the jams’ with Rage Against The Machine in 2008

4 Likes

Love that cosmic shuffle strut up and down the ramp.

2 Likes

Not sure how I missed this one.

Queen’s Prophets Song - cover by Cellar Darling, from 2018 -

Wow. Pretty close to the original. The multitracked vocals are probably easier, technically, than when Queen did the original. But you still have to sing it.

Hurdy Gurdy - it works…! Metal Guitars - yes. And the Drums - that will be Merlin… (really)

4 Likes
6 Likes

A truly righteous sound.

Wonderful, just wonderful.

We managed to see them three times on their 1972 tour. The first, a small club in Birmingham called Barbarellas, was utterly brain melting. The next week I was all over the place. Wayne was on our side of the stage, we were on the same side at the front. He gave us the evil eye, threw a cigarette at us, which we kept (and lost). Rob spent a good while singing whilst slithering across the stage, and in Rocket Reducer 62 made me and the wife sing Rama Lama Fa Fa.

Three magnificent albums.

Sigh.

2 Likes