Axpona ‘24

Good setup here. Just getting the day started and lots of see.

14 Likes

ND 555
NAPS 555 DR
NAC S1
NAP S1
Grand Utopia EM Evo

Seriously good sound, among the best of the show.

5 Likes

Curious what cables and other setup stuff they used

Surprised they only use 1 PS555 on ND555
At that level it is mandatory IMHO
David

1 Like

Yes I was thinking the same thing - they could have picked up another 555PS at a pretty good price on eBay.

8 Likes

…and a Fraim base shelf :frowning_face:

5 Likes

They seem to use Hiline not Super Lumina.

2 Likes

Wow 350 powering that tower speaker ? What speaker are those ? :flushed:

Those Focals, wow. :open_mouth:

Looks terrible beside the Statement

1 Like

There is a very favorable write up of this Statement system at Axpona on the Stereophile website, just posted.

1 Like

This system gives you the impression that they can keep raising the volume indefinitely without the sound loosing any composure. They only run it at the top of the hour because it gets so loud the other displays in the room just cannot operate. They started the volume dial on the S1 at 50% and worked it from there, what you hear is the scale and impact of a concert venue along with the finesse of an ultra high end system. Truly amazing.

4 Likes

I didn’t ask but took some pictures that may help to answer your question:

1 Like

Must endeavour to hear something like this some time. Sounds like it’s quite incredible.

1 Like

Was able to get a few more rooms over the weekend

3 Likes

I’m curious. What are the demographics at the show? Is it all old men?

Old men with excess disposable income are what make up 99% of this hobby, so that’s the demographic at a show.

2 Likes

All “skulletts” and “Ben Franklins”

Did anyone make it to the Totem room? Interested in the metals - and what electronics were they using if not Naim?

I liked the Bison Twin Towers better, but could have been because of the music selection. Electronics were Aurender and Aragon:

They were also introducing a small pair of bookshelf speakers with their own integrated amplifier, everything in that room was incredibly musically expressive, cannot go wrong with Totem. Listening to Mr Bruzzese speak was also memorable.

5 Likes