Back to Lavender

Yes, the TQB interconnect, terminated for Naim DIN/DIN, is excellent VFM

1 Like

With the Hiline, I had two smiles …
The first time when I connected it, the second time when I removed it :smile:

4 Likes

For me the HiLine was a huge improvement and was the cable that made me believe cables obviously make a difference!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the hiline, helps to rely the sound stage, bottom end and a lot more. A friend had some flash chord interconnects between his nac72 and cd5i. I demo my hiline on his kit. He had a hiline on its was within a week😎 the 72 blow me away as well. What a complete gem of a pre. I

4 Likes

With the Olive components, I always had the impression that Hiline was going to look for subtleties that are not the strong points of the older generations…
The same difference with a 3-way speaker facing a 2-way, more of something, but less coherence.

1 Like

Another fan of Hiline… less so with my 282, but absolutely yes with my 252 and current 552. I found hiline has the best synergy with certain sources. Give it a NDS, NDX2, CDX2 Chord Hugo and it is superb, being open and transparent and letting you feel the recording across the audio range. On my NAT03 and NAT05 tuners then the Lavander interconnect is preferable to my ears with its slightly veiled and filtered presentation.

2 Likes

Oh no, dont make me fetch the old lavender out in the garage again… now I have to A/B this.
A year since I got the Hi-Line and it was a complete no brainer from the get go that Hi-Line is absolutely superior to lavender and been thinking it ever since.
For me it really made the music more flowing and organic, tamed the tweeter on brass instruments. Made voices more natural etc.
Cables are truly essential little monsters to get right and what most ppl write about it here turns out to be very correct.
I experienced it Very much with regarding the number of Powerlines in a powerstrip for example. If you dont go full Powerline on all naim boxes - something is always ”off” in presentation.

I put my lavender in tonight and as is usual when doing this it lasted not even a minute, the Hi-line went straight back in.

5 Likes

I think that when you try a new cable, it is best to avoid moving it and wait for a couple of days before making any judgment.

4 Likes

I agree.
I find I make better decisions just seeing if I miss it when it’s removed as opposed to listening for what it’s doing while it’s there.

If you have some spare time you can always reinstate the standard Naim cables to the system. You will know within an hour or so if the cables will work out for you. Or you could listen to the system with the standard cables for several days, then switch to the Hi-line.

FWIW I tried to revert to the standard Naim cables in a 3rd or 4th attempt after using aftermarket cables for a year but failed in doing so (mine is not Hi-line).

Well the Lavender is still a very good cable…

Yes, the Lavender is very good, especially when one doesn’t need to spend any money on it.

2 Likes

I honestly think that if you think the lavender is giving you more than the Hi-line is then you are not connected up right…

Just sayin…

1 Like

Do you think it is so abstract that we can prefer involvement to contemplation? :thinking:

Did you use a Hiline on a Olive range?
All is not necessarily a problem of lack of knowledge!

It’s been asked a few times in this thread, but not answered yet: what are the « do’s and dont’s » for dressing a Hi-Line? I assume it should of course not touch any other cable? Can it touch a wall or floor?

I use a Hi-Line and prefer it over the Lavender … also tried a Nordost Baldur in the past that was pretty close to the Lavender

I don’t currently use Olive range…

Sorry my friend, completely and utterly lost as much as your Credos are with this one buddy…:sunglasses:

Sorry Stephen, that’s just nonsense. It’s not rocket science, and i could do it with my eyes closed.

1 Like

What do you mean Gary, do WHAT with your eyes closed?