Back to Lavender

To say that it must be better, or it’s not connected right, is nonsense. There are enough people on here who have stated a preference for what the lavender does. Are you saying they are incompetent in plugging in a cable?

1 Like

Plug a cable in.

Yes. Not just plugging in a cable but to know it’s not right to begin with, this takes time…

Once again Stephen, complete nonsense!

2 Likes

Ok. No problem.

I found hi line very bright and well hi fi…bit of boom and tiz in my system…changed to SL whate a relief!!!

2 Likes

The SL is a hell of a lot more money even over the divided Hi-line…it must be special but from what I’ve heard - it’s not.Simple as that.

Some people will never deviate from the silly thinking that a more expensive product must definitely be better.

1 Like

I do.All classic with 72 olive pre.Hiline any day.

2 Likes

All Olive
Right now lavender winning
And yes, I know how to connect a hiline!

2 Likes

I can’t believe that Naim have lost their way so far. It’s astonishing I think. I must admit, I don’t enjoy my music anywhere like I did do. Nowhere near it. Something is not right that’s for sure.

I’d blame those pesky BJ cables

1 Like

Hi Richard, what is the recommendation for the hiline in the din socket at each end?
Is it the same as the SL; insert fully and then pull out a fraction?

I have absolutely no problem in you preferring the Hiline over the Lavender Stephen! Your ears, your system etc etc. Just that i and others have had different experiences, and from my perspective it adds up to better ‘hifi’ but not more engaging music. It’s very easy to do an A/B demonstration which shows the very obvious increased frequency extremes and detail of the Hiline. Much less obvious is how that translates into long term listening pleasure. The Lavemder trades all those fireworks for a far better sense of timing and musical flow IMO. To each his own as they say, but not knowing how to plug a cable in is not the answer.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s what I do. Before connecting I hold the plugs in each hand, with pins pre-orientated to fit the plugs perfectly, and then swing the cable to loosen any stress. Then fit with the cable formed in a nice u shape.

2 Likes

Most of the “what is better” discussions are silly if not pointless — Vodka or Blue Jeans, 250.2 or 250DR, Lavender or Hiline… Apparently, we look for different things when listening to music. Rather than “what is better”, we should ask/discuss “how is it different”…

Now back to choosing some new music in Roon — the best ever interface in the audiophile market… :rofl::rofl:

Running for cover…

4 Likes

A while back when I had a ND5XS > NAIT XS 2 my dealer suggested I give the Hiline a demo. I ran with it for a few weeks and did notice a slight difference in the sound. The cost of the cable $1395.00 plus tax did not make sense at the time, did not see the VFM. The lavender cable has been wonderful.

With that said, now that I am running a XSP DR > NDX 2 > SN 2, another demo may take place in the future to see if the outcome is the same with different set of hardware.

No right or wrong just preferences, and cost does enter the equation.

3 Likes

I use the Lavender on the Superline and NAT05 and a HiLine on the CDS3. Preferring HiLine on my CDS3 must mean I am actually capable of connecting it properly. Even our resident Naim legend, Mr Richard Dane stated a preference for lavender on the phono stage. Are you suggesting he doesn’t know how to connect a HiLine Stephen?

May i ask, what does BJ stand for?

I believe he is referring to the Blue Jean cables which have been discussed extensively in the ‘Blue Jeans Ethernet Cables’ thread.