Bank Account for Small Club

My friend and I are taking over the running of a small, local badminton club. We’d like to set up a (bank) account to run the finances through. The turnover is likely to be small - less than £2,500 per year. It’s mostly to allow members to pay their subs directly into.

Anyone have any recommendations?

When I acted as executor to gather & disperse assets per the will’s instructions a couple of years ago I created a new account in parallel with my own current account (Nationwide) to keep it separate from my own banking and labelled it as ‘Executors’, and made it known to the beneficiaries (all of my siblings) that whenever any of them wanted to see it I’d provide a statement on request. It took about 3 minutes to create it, a couple of days for the card to drop on the mat.

That may not work in your circumstances but for a relatively low number of transactions and a low value it’s an option.

1 Like

HSBC were very amenable to hosting an account for the bike club I was treasurer for, 16 years ago. They didn’t charge for it either. Somehow I suspect things have changed a bit since then.

1 Like

My local litter picking group uses a community bank account from NatWest, it’s a free business account for community groups, charities and clubs with turnovers below £100,000. I have online banking access and the NatWest app for easy access, I and another committee member also have debit cards.
It was painless to set up and works well.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, I think that would work for us and there’s a local branch too if necessary.

1 Like

Ive used Santander for over 10 years for my small biz - (non Ltd co). Can’t fault them been extremely good and no charges.

1 Like

Santander would be an option too, another one with a local branch.

1 Like

We have a small resident management company with a similar income. It was a bit challenging to get an account due to the virus.
In the end we for a Starling account. Seems to work OK once it was set up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.