Basic question on use of forum

Apologies for raising this, as I feel sure this has been covered before, but despite searching extensively on the forum, I can’t find the answer. I’ve noticed that it’s possible to reply to posts using @ and the username of a forum member but I can’t work out how you do that. The daft thing is, I managed to do it a couple of months ago, but I’ve forgotten again how to do it!

If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Just write @ & the persons forum name
@Neil-26

@Neil-26 - just include the ‘@‘ symbol as the first letter of a word as I have just done and the names of people in the thread are offered to you for selection. For more names type the @ and the initial letters of someone’s ID, e.g ‘@ri’ to find @Richard.Dane and more names will appear in a dripdown list.

Thanks for the quick replies - I’ll give it a try.

If you reply to a person’s post you don’t need the @. You’ll see this as a reply to you. You only need the @ to get someone’s attention. So if I write @Mike-B then Mike will get an alert.

Yes, thanks HH, I’ve just tried it following the earlier responses from MikeB and T-Elmi and I’ve got the hang of it now.

Wha’ !! who poked me, whats going on, oh 'tis yerself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.