Basslineblue naim cable

It will make no difference really. With two subs, one connects to the left channel, and the other to the right channel. You will not have double stacked bananas, if that’s what you mean. The only difference is that for each sub the yellow and red leads are combined.

Look at my picture of a stereo pair connector above. The red one is really the REL yellow and red twisted together.,

I went through this problem a couple of years ago of just trying to using the basic rel speakon cable high level or to go ahead and upgrade to the Naim bass line blue for the 2 small t-5i I have in an al Naim system. After calling both Naim and Rel I was told by both to use the speaker end and not the amp. So, I decided to go ahead go with the Naim bass line blues and used them off the speaker ends of my B&W 805 d3s. And to be honest the t-5i’s never sounded better. I found that the Naim bass line blue’s integrated much, much better with the Naim SL loom that was already in the system. So speaking for myself adding the Naim bass lines was a big + and I would not change a thing.

You didn’t need the Naim version of the Bassline Blue. The whole point of it is to allow you to connect at the amp end.

1 Like

Well maybe Chris, but what I found out was that the integration and wiring was better in the Naim bass lines and also made connecting easier and the sound of the t5i’s and the total system a whole lot better ! So for me it was well worth move.

The Naim version has a bit of circuitry hidden in it that stops a Naim amp from becoming unstable if the cable is connected directly to it. It’s a problem that Naim normally recommend you to resolve by connecting at the amp end. The stacking bananas do make connection very easy though.

Thanks Chris

Hi, Freedomsounds and all. Surely if you had the naim version of the BLB why would you not connect at the amp end.As Chris says its for direct connection at the amp end.If you connected at the speaker did you still.use the stackable bananas,so if this was the case of fitting at the speaker end surely the regular BLB would had sufficed.Seems like a waste of money because generally the naim versions are somewhat more expensive than the regulars.Did you actually ever connect at the amp end,because I,m still wondering why we’re still advised to connect at the speaker end.Sure is a lot of contradiction!!!Amp or speaker end with naim baseline blue,one must be better surely.

If you have two subs a big reason to connect at the speaker terminals is for shorter and tidier cables connections. Hoiwever, by doing that one can save money on and forego the Naim version of the Bassline Blue. As noted above the Naim-variant are not needed in that case.

1 Like

The reason for this is the same as the reason for using Naim compatible speaker cable. Use something very difficult and the amp won’t be happy. Even if you’re using Naim speaker cable you upset the balance by introducing the sub cable. Attaching the sub cable to the speakers makes it ‘invisible’ to the amp.

I use bassline blue at the speaker end and it made a difference using 552 dr n 300dr in to sopra2

A difference compared to what?

Compared to the standard cable that came with the rels

1 Like

What kind of difference? What did you hear that’s so much better?

Which REL, and how many of them?

2 rel s812 …they seemed to open up more …top mid n low …more atmosphere just sounded nicer and better than stock …

Wether :paperclip: at amp or speaker rels are almost invisible …speaker end gives u additional sound from ur cables as amp will give you the amps sound :loud_sound:

I don’t agree that’s true. I’ve done it both ways (when I had a 250-2 and a single R-328). I didn’t get any difference I would call “additional” sound after moving from amp connection to speaker connection. I think whether you connect at amp or speaker is mostly a matter of having the correct cable for an amp connection and convenience beyond that. With a single sub I found an amp connection more convenient. With stereo subs I find the speaker connection more convenient. If the sound is better with a speaker connection, I think that may be more the result of eliminating the extra complexity of the Naim-specific component in the cable.

My dealer does say the Bassline Blue improves the performance. I will have to press them about that a bit more. Maybe I can get them to allow me a pair of loaner cables.

Yep we all have different varieties of what we can do with our system …and yep u can disagree with me my system my ears …makes sense amp end amp sound …speaker end speaker sound cause ur getting the advantage of ur cables …maybe tbats why u could integrate urs easier…just a thought …n many rel videos …explaining it

I don’t think I understand what you man by getting the advantage of my cables.

What REL video says I get “additional sound” by connecting at the speaker and getting advantage of my cables? What cables? The speaker cables or the REL cables. “Amp end, amp sound”? Huh? Which REL video explains this? I want to see that explained, because I’m not quite clear with what you are saying.

Well when u connect at the amp ur getting the amp sound through ur speaker cables …hence we try different speaker cable to find the sound what we prefer …and when u connect ur rels at the speaker end ur getting that cable sound through ur rels …rather than the straight amp sound …look up on rel …regarding hook up

You’re just repeating yourself without answering my question about what REL documentation explains it. What you are saying sounds nonsensical to me. Which REL document are you referring to? There is more than one about connections. I have used REL for over decade and seen the relevant documents. I don’t recall any discussing amp sound vs speaker sound. Please point me to that. The title of the REL document on their website will help. I can search for that.