Bauer Media dropping Internet Radio Aggregator streaming

Yes, thank you for the heads up. I was aware, but it uses battery life at a faster rate and the convenience of the Naim or Roon app. However, time to dust the dust off the DAB radio - sneeze :disappointed_relieved:

Can you use Chromecast? That wonā€™t use any more battery than the Naim app.

Some alternative stations to replace Bauer/PlanetRadio -
see
Best internet radio anyone? - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community

Yet !

Well there is always that :slightly_smiling_face:

A member on the AVForums shared a solution for my AVR 550 which actual worked on my MusoQB !

it uses a URL from the radiofeeds.co.uk website add via Naim vTuner page

1 Like

Thanks v much Fred22ā€¦ this worked!! I have now updated links to Absolute Radio using the AAC 128 bit URLā€™s from the Radiofeed site - very happy indeed.

For othersā€¦ I recommend this is done from your PC/laptop for easeā€¦ you need to create an account on the Naim.Vtuner.com site and provide the Ethernet MAC address from your NAIM - found in (Settings/About/More for the Muso QB, Settings for the Atom) and log on. ( If you have multiple NAIMā€™s you have to do the below for each NAIM using its MAC address, but your log on credentials do not have to be different).

Open another tab on the browser, go to www.radiofeeds.co.uk and type in the name of the radio station you want to addā€¦ i.e. Planet Rock. (In this example two possible streams come up, MP3 and AAC). Copy the link you want [to the right of the ā€˜Listen Liveā€™ button]. (I also clicked on the 3 character short URL and selected the links from there, but I believe this is an unnecessary step). You could also select ā€˜listen liveā€™ to confirm the link is working. (Mine downloaded a VLC link that started playing when opened).

Go back to the Vtuner site. Select ā€˜Add Another Stationā€™. Complete the 'Station Name, Description fields (Can be anything you want to call them). I left the Logo field blank [will check how best to do that another time]. Paste the link you copied from the radiofeed site into the Station URL field. Complete the other fields (Location i.e. United Kingdom, Genre (Whatever you want), Type (MP3 or AAC) and bitrate (i.e. 48, 112, 128). Click the Right Arrow in black box. This saves your added station and you should be able to see it when you go back to ā€˜Homeā€™ on the site. [follow the links after youā€™ve added it].

On your NAIM APP, make sure youā€™ve got a free slot in favourites (For the Muso - I deleted the broken Absolute Favs). Go into iRadio and navigate to the top level where you should see ā€˜Added Stationsā€™, ā€˜Most Popularā€™, ā€˜Naims Choiceā€™ etc. Go into ā€˜Added Stationsā€™ - you should see the station you added on the Naim Vtuner site. Select your stationā€¦ it should start playing. Then just add this to your favourites as normal.

Repeat for each new/updated station link you want to add that is not in or does not work

Fingers crossed Bauer donā€™t block these.

Thanks again !!

5 Likes

Thanks @slouie102 - your description helped me add another Bauer station that had been canned from V-Tuner! Also thank to @Fred22 for highlighting it.

I only said to my wife the other day there must be a URL for itā€¦ letā€™s hope they donā€™t do something else to block it :shushing_face:

I work in tech and campaign for privacy, and I find it disgusting how these companies just become data vampires. Itā€™s disgusting how Bauer and the BBC have cancelled such an awful lot of expensive investments by people like us :rage:

3 Likes

This solution worked straight away for my MusoQB but didnt for my AVR550 but the AVForum member who was helping me came back with another piece of advice and that has solved the issue for the AVR so worth a look if your still struggling with a device.

Just to let others know, this has worked for me on multiple Bauer media radio stations on both a Muso Qb (gen1) and a Muso (Gen2). You do have to add the stations on each device though as per the info above.

Looks like the Bauer Media stations streams have been reinstated or updated as Planet Rock and Absolute stations all seem to work again - I randomly tried my PR preset this morning and it connected fine.

Yes Iā€™ve just tried Planet Rock and its back as an internet radio station on my 272. Great to hear it again, Iā€™d moved on to a rival station for the last few weeks.

None of the Absolute Bauer radio stations are working however. Still showing ā€œCannot Play, station unavailableā€. They want you download their app to listen, so they can track useage to boost their ā€˜officialā€™ listening figures.

In fact by limiting access they are really losing actual listeners. I liked most the Absolute stations but Iā€™m not missing their advertisers. You can get a wide selection of music genres via the no-adsā€™ Radio Paradise stations and the sound quality is superb on each one. Worth supporting.

1 Like

Looks like Bauer have shut off the stream that Vtuner were using for Planet Rock. Iā€™ve found another one and added it manually - - found on radio feeds ukā€™s website.

1 Like

Looks like the radio feeds streams have gone (and the website). Need to find another source, unless it is a temporary thing.

The RadioFeeds site was down for several hours a month or so ago so hopefully, as you say, it is temporary.

1 Like

RadioFeeds site is back up. They had problems with their hosting provider and were down for over 24 hours. I tried (and failed) to find alternative feeds that worked through naim.vtuner.

1 Like

The Bauer shortcuts created from RadioFeeds seem to be working again. I couldnā€™t acecss Jazz Fm yesterday but all is well today.

1 Like

So why are the Bauer media stations available on Tunein?
Really getting hacked of with vtuner and the way stations keep being lost and needing @Stevesky to prod vtuner to restore them.

Hi guys,

RE: Why VTuner have left the dead stations there

We have been working behind the scenes to get the Bauer stations working again on Naim products. Weā€™re almost thereā€¦ Hopefully Iā€™ll have some good news this month. :slight_smile:

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

6 Likes

RadioFeeds have moved hosting provider and the site is back up - my Bauer station links are working again on Vtuner.