Beautiful Music That Reduce You To Tears

…and still in an operatic vein, the Franco Corelli version of E lucevan le stelle comes close…

1 Like

So many great choices on here but for me The Night Comes On by Jennifer Warnes. Leonard C cover.

1 Like

This is a pretty long reading of Elgar’s Nimrod but this lingering set somehow always gets me.

Incidentally Elgar himself conducting the same piece (1926 rec.) is much faster yet it, too, pulls all the right chords.

Wagner’s Isolde Leibestod is powerful.

Also it’s a total schmaltz but Schindler’s list Theme.

2 Likes

He wrote many power ballads.
This one is for me:

4 Likes

I regard that a one of her signature pieces. I have the whole opera with the wonderful and much missed Charles MacKerras conducting the Vienna Phil. There’s more shivers down the spine moments in the rest of the work.

Roger

2 Likes

Sinead O’Connor, From The Lion and the Cobra -
“Drink Before the War”

1 Like

Prince: Avalanche on One Night Alone

Amy Macdonald. I left that body long ago.

Written in memory of her gran who had Alzheimer’s.

2 Likes

There are two songs which sprang to mind when I read the title of this thread:

Crisis from Bob Marley’s Kaya album and Solid Air by John Martyn. Both are incredible tracks IMHO.

Peter

Todd is one of the few modern musical geniuses

1 Like

Waiting for you, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Very moving knowing what happened to his son before he wrote the album Ghosteen.

1 Like

Tom Trauberts blues by Tom Waits from the album Small change.
If you’ve not heard it you’re in for a treat. imo

5 Likes

Allegri’s Miserere - gets me every time.

4 Likes

Judy Henske & Jerry Yester

A track from Farewell Aldebaran, one of the last genuine classics to have a proper re-release (Radioactive & others are needle drop pirates). Initially released on Zappa’s Straight label it’s an album that defies description, as pretty much every track is a different genre. Though each is magnificent.

This has me gulping back the tears.

2 Likes

If ever there was a catharsis for emotional mourning for the one you love or miss dearly then this is it…

2 Likes

Takes me back to the Finsbury Astoria (Rainbow), power blackouts and matches and lighters (no mobile phones). Pure teenage nostagia.

Off topic

Do you remember Jesus? A long haired hippie who used to dance up and down the aisles before being gently persuaded to dancing back up again (that never stopped him for long).

Me? I can barely remember what I was imbibing :smiley:

Listen to Light House by Future Islands

Thanx, enyoing the music of Future Island right now :+1: