Bernie Marsden RIP

His passing at 72 has sadly been announced. Great guitar player he was a local guy from here in Buckingham. I met him at a local gig here a few years ago in Buckingham Town Hall, a true gentlemen. My eldest daughter was at school with his daughter.

8 Likes

Yes a lovely guy……played some Whitesnake tonight, r.i.p Bernie

2 Likes

He played in some great guitar in some great bands.

I love this solo album with Jack Bruce and Simon Philips.

5 Likes

I must try that @AndyP

1 Like

Also shows Bernie was a great singer.

3 Likes

Playing now……some nice singing and tasty licks.

4 Likes

Saw him a couple of times with Whitesnake and more recently doing a solo gig at a smallish local venue.
I bought his book from the merch stall and after the gig he signed it for me and took the time to have a little chat, thanking us for coming. The pleasure was all ours,
R.I.P. Bernie.

7 Likes

I met Bernie backstage in the early 1980s, after a small rock festival in Gawcott, near Buckingham. My friend introduced us (he was Bernie’s milkman), not that Bernie had the slightest idea who his milkman actually was.

The weather had been poor and attendance so poor that we were allowed to watch the show as a drive-in.

6 Likes

Respected guitarist. Unfortunately for years he has looked like a cardiovascular disaster waiting to happen…

Yeah but having had the pleasure of meeting him literally face to face he was one of those folks who looked far better in person.

2 Likes

Bernie’s guitar playing on this album is brilliant.

Interesting interview I saw with him saying whilst he was in UFO and Wild Turkey he never recorded in the studio with those bands it was only when he worked with Cozy Powell he started recording.

2 Likes

Any need for that comment? Bad form.

2 Likes

Andy couldn’t agree more I love Bernies contribution on backing vocals on this
Its at 2 mins in BTW.
One of my favourites tracks on that classic line up live album .

Really sad about Bernie’s passing …R I P Bernie your guitar work will live on for future generations .I never met him like some here but I did listen to a long interview last year on Planet Rock and he came over as a thoroughly nice and charming geezer.

2 Likes

From 2015, an interview of Bernie with Lee Anderton. Enjoy…

Warning - Guitar heavy… :astonished:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.