Best Christmas Films?

Signed up… one month free and then 3 months @£2.99.

Interface is okay and seems reasonably slick. Interestingly I was watching ‘Tango in Halifax’ on iplayer and I was getting the odd spinning wheel :frowning: So I changed to Britbox and no spinning wheels :slight_smile: I’ll give it a more thorough thrashing tonight.

1 Like

We like Singing in the Rain

Fun Facts:

That’s milk, not water. Water wouldn’t show. Probably the stinkiest sound stage of all time.
And Gene Kelly danced with a fever in stale milk as they couldn’t afford the time for him to recover.

Total Legend.

2 Likes

As with many of these services you have to test them to see I think, and as it’s pay monthly if you dislike it you can cancel quite easily.

Hope you find something of interest on there to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

It wasn’t an oasis of sanity last night, both teams spent so long debating they talked themselves out any chance of winning.

We haven’t seen that one yet. We’re watching it on iplayer so we’re typically a day out. Last night we watched the one from the 28th… also not a good episode IMHO.

Driving through KWZ you keep see the landscape that was used for Rourke’s Drift , sadly they used the wrong landscape, apparently Henry Hook was a staunch teetotaller and the Sgt Major was a short twenty something.

But other than that…

1 Like

I don’t mind a little ‘license artistique’ and I’m sure there are many more, Hunt for Red October was actually based on a ship. Then in the 80’s project 941 entered service.

‘North by Northwest’ on BBC2 mid-afternoon today will get a watch I’m thinking.

G

2 Likes

Great film, recommended watch :+1:

1 Like

Recorded it and watched last night. Superb film and I really enjoyed the late 50s design, fashion, architecture etc.

1 Like

Update on the Britbox.

Mostly okay BUT it has a very annoying habit of NOT remembering where I left off in viewing. e.g Vicar of Dibley. All the way through, right to the end of S4, it kept on saying resume at the same point half way through S2. This was annoying because I also can’t find any way to skip episodes other than fast forwarding through them all :frowning: It’s doing the same with another series as well. I’ve twice had the screen go blank whilst playing and no button pressing fixes it. The only way out is to exit the app altogether and come back in. These issues aside, which I assume will be sorted as the platform matures, we’re finding that 90% of our viewing is now on Britbox and the remaining 10% on iplayer. In fact I had a quick scan on Netflix last night and I think that’s the first time in a week.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.