Best internet radio anyone?

Many thanks for the feedback and the tip about WRTI Radio Station. I’ve listened to it and also think it’s very good. I have set a favourite.
If Jazzgroove’s business model with donations no longer works sufficiently, it would probably be logical for them to switch to a business model behind the paywall. After all, Qobuz or Tidal also cost money and Jazzgroove offers then excellent sound quality without commercial advertising. Maybe I’ll take out an annual membership and try out the high resolution version without permanent donation advertising. I hope the integration into V-Tuner will work.
Many thanks @Paul_C at this point to the management of this thread - I have learnt a lot and received many valuable tips…

1 Like

I have now taken out a Premium Plus membership with Jazz Groove for one year. I now have access to 5 separate jazz radio streams without adverts or interruptions in FLAC quality (44.1 kHz). The integration into the Naim app worked as described in the instructions on the Jazzgroove homepage. It’s a bit archaic because in the Naim app the stations have to be added manually on the VTuner website. Also, station URL’s have to be copied and pasted from the Jazzgroove website. In the end, however, it worked and the 5 Jazzgroove streams can be started in the Naim app (Webradio - added stations or defined as presets from there). They also offer metadata of the current tracks. I have not found the LOGO URL of Jazzgroove, so that no Jazzgroove logo is displayed in the Naimapp for the 5 streams. The skip function is also not available in the Naim app. But these are minor issues, the streams work and offer great sound quality (even higher than the already good MP3 quality of Jazzgroove West/East). A good thing for regular users with audiophile demands - recommended.

1 Like

Yes I enjoyed it when I subscribed a couple of years back.
Glad it is all working well for you.

1 Like

SuperStereo IS BACK (except for SuperStereo 3 for some reason at the moment).

Update: SuperStereo 3 is back.

My favorites are Radio Swizz Jazz and Jazz fm91 from Canada. Both are excellent for jazz lovers. No avandgarde and free.

2 Likes

German station - NDR 1

2 Likes