Best internet radio anyone?

Hi all. I have Radio Paradise pretty much on all day, be it via my MuSo or our Google Home thing if we’re in the kitchen. I love the complete lack of adverts and the diversity of music, although such regular listening does pick up that some tracks are played regularly.

I’ve found it a great source to discover artists.

I wondered what other people listened to? Is there anything similiar (ie no adverts) “out there”?

And, if you like a particular genre, tell us what it is and which station you go to first to find what you like?

11 Likes

I’ve recently tuned in to SonaFM. They have a number of different genres, have been enjoying Left Coast 70s and Black Rock FM.

3 Likes

BBC Radio 3 until they start playing opera, then Radio 6 Music until they start playing rap… really can’t cope with the inane waffle on most stations.

I guess I’ve not explored ‘internet’ radio much - probably should try Radio Paradise again!

6 Likes

Groove Salad from Soma FM is my choice when I can’t choose music for myself.

6 Likes

Radio Paradise Mellow Mix

15 Likes

Will have to give that one a try :grinning:

Swissgroove can be good.

Mostly Radio Paradise - various mixes depending on mood, Radio Swiss Jazz, Radio Swiss Classical, 1.fm Lounge (also Swiss), Groove Salad, Jazz Groove (USA). Radio 3, Lyric Fm (Irish).

5 Likes

Mostly radio Schwarzenstein from fluxfm.
No advertising, strictly Jazz

4 Likes

I usually listen “cathedral 13” .
dark-gothic etc.

1 Like

Irish radio - RTE gold
classic old music style

1 Like

101ruNRJTechno is my favourite station. Played at least 15 hours per week!

2 Likes

Big Radio Paradise fan here, since last summer I started listening to French station FIP. Their main channel is even more eclectic than RP throwing in some classical at times, they do have a bit of commentary between songs (with a soft French voice). They have a few non-stop theme channels from which I enjoy FIP Groove most of all. Even though stream is only 192kb the sound is very engaging somehow.

8 Likes

Pinguin Radio (Classic) - Dutch station
Chez Watt - French station

1 Like

If you are into smooth jazz, make sure to try ABC Lounge Radio from France. No adverts (when listening to music, the site does have adds), great music!

4 Likes

Personal preference only, KCRW Eclectic 24 based in California. Not the highest level res. compared to some but good mix of music.

2 Likes

Nova Vintage :ok_hand::zap::100:

Since the advent of FLAC stations on the current range of Naim streamers I don’t bother with anything that still streams MP3 or AAC as the sound quality is in a different league. Still, the ‘Audiophile’ stations from Greece are pretty good. (Audiophile Baroque, Audiophile Jazz, etc.)

3 Likes

Radio Paradise - on every day…

10 Likes

Wish BBC R3 would resurrect live broadcasts in FLAC. The Proms in FLAC a few years ago were a great example of what the engineers could achieve. If resources are the problem, I’d happily pay for the service but there’s no mechanism for it, sadly.

Roger

2 Likes