Best Live Albums

I was at the Hammersmith Odeon concerts where most of the tracks were recorded. I think I still have the ticket stub somewhere…

Don’t think these have been mentioned. Solo affairs.

Thomas Dolby - The Sole Inhabitant
Lloyd Cole - Folksinger Vol 1 & 2

I admit that I also enjoy some of the Family Trust releases on Tidal but I just find it a big pity that the entire FZ discography is now for almost 50% determined by totally unnecessary releases, of which some have very doubtful sound quality as well. That’s why I’m glad that I stopped buying vinyl / cd’s after Läther, saved me a lot of money :wink:

I still have my ticket from Rotterdam 1988

2 Likes

I love the Alison Kraus / Union Station album. Still kicking myself in the butt for not having bought the MoFi LP when it was still available… (Sorry, I’m far behind oh this thread…)

Claude

3 Likes

This one is very good, too. Original vinyl. (still catching up with the thread)

TangerineDreamEncore199515861_f

Claude

6 Likes

Michael Schenker Group (MSG) - One Night At Budokan
Rush - A Show Of Hands
Magnum - The Spirit
Rainbow - On Stage
Pink Floyd - Pulse
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes

7 Likes

Sarah McLaclan Mirrorball-The complete concert
Peter Gabriel Secret World Live
Kate Bush On Stage
Kate Bush Before The Dawn
Lynryd Skynyrd One More from the road
Marianne Faithful Blazing Away
Pink Floyd Ummagumma (well half of it anyway)
Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder

I’ll just throw in Blur’s ‘All The People’ here- Live in Hyde Park from 2009.

They’d been absent for about 5 years after the ‘Think Tank’ break up. And then… they were back and touring. I managed to get a ticket for this and was glad I had. Great concert. Was it a good live recording; who knows, I’m not really an objective source on this since I don’t know if I’m listening to it or remembering it (or a mixture of both).

2 Likes

This is a good one!

3 Likes

The one for me Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus

Regards,

Martin

3 Likes
  • 1 For Little Feat every time i listen to it can believe its a live album the recording is awesome.
1 Like

For a bass cone workout this takes some beating.

and Nirvana is an absolute classic live set. Both are from the mid-nineties. Play back to back for an indulgent evening of top music.

13 Likes

+1

I think this is superb, a different taste perhaps to many of the classics mentioned on this post but a future classic for me. A really good vinyl too.
On the basis of this album we had tickets for their new acoustic show at the Albert Hall this year, until it was all cancelled of course :mask:

1 Like

This was released today and is rather good, sounding great in Qobuz 96/24

6 Likes

just wow, RIP FZ

That AIC unplugged. Stunning.

Atoms for Peace - Live

Not many live recordings of good quality around, this is one. Thom in great form.

Recorded Live at Shinkiba Studio Coast, Tokyo, Japan 23rd November 2013 + Soundcheck at Shinkiba Studio Coast, Tokyo, Japan 21st November 2013.

There is another Red Alert -Fuji Rock festival from 2010 but the quality just isn’t there.

1 Like

The problem is, after you’ve heard ‘Electrif Lycanthrope’ WFC sounds just a tad ‘safe’.

G

2 Likes