Best Live Albums

Now up on Qobuz :raised_hands:

Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder 2019 Remix [Live]: Limited Edition Triple Vinyl

The Sensational Alex … Harvey … Band - Live at the BBC.

They were always at their best live, and this is all the Alex you’ll ever need.

8 Likes

My box set of this is on it’s way! :slight_smile:

Now on UK TV, like now 8pm to 10pm
Trueview/Freeview Sky Arts channel

Sound cranked up via Naim

1 Like
2 Likes

For me it has to be:
Deep Purple - Made in Japan
Rainbow - On Stage
David Bowie - Live (at the Tower Philadelphia )
David Gilmour - Gdańsk & pompei
Eagles - live
Neil young - live Rust
Genesis - Seconds Out
Bob Segar - Live Bullit

4 Likes

Remixed or not, is DSOT really Pink Floyd? It’s Nick, Rick and Dave plus an army of sessioneers kicking the crap out of some of the finest music ever made, along with some distinctly ropey post-Waters material (“Dogs of War”, “On The Turning Away”? Seriously? That’s Pink Floyd?)

Now the live bit of Ummagummna. THAT’S a live album! The best ever, in fact.

5 Likes

The War on Drugs - Live Drugs.

Superb on vinyl - reminds me of a combination of classic Petty and Springsteen.

Highly recommended.

7 Likes

This must be one of the best ever:

UFO Strangers in the night, Michael Schenker at his peak.

7 Likes

The first heavy rock album I bought… Still one of my all time favourites. Came in at No3 in the Planet Rock top 100 live albums. It was a good list!

1 Like

Oh wow… Just seen this! “Rushes off to Qobuz”

Thanks for the prod…

1 Like

E50B7EC3-9843-4839-9810-617BDBC2C9F6

Here’re two of my favourites from the early days of Rock… Bill Haley and his Comets Live in Paris and Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Club in Hamburg. The energy on both is amazing.

You can hear Bill and others having to ask the crowd to sit down because they are in a theatre and dancing isn’t allowed. These were pretty much the first rock n roll concerts in France and you can hear and feel the response.

Jerry is in amazing form and again it’s the energy that you can feel that just carries this along.

4 Likes

1991 INXS Live Baby Live:

Probably the band at their height IMO.

6 Likes

I think my mum saw Bill Haley on that tour…well it would have been in London in 1958 so I guess it was the same tour. She was an au pair at my Dad’s family. Before you get any funny ideas, my Dad was 15 and had a 1 yr old brother. What a lucky b*stard having a 16 year old Danish au pair arrive on the scene.

2 Likes

I remember hearing that (and taping) the Capital Theater Springsteen concert on the radio. Bought the download recently.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but I’ll nominate “Ella in Berlin” and Zevon’s “Stand in the Fire.” And “Full House” by the J. Geils Band.

Great album, one of my faves as a teenager learning guitar!

Wow I haven’t seen that album cover for 35 years. Looking at it now it only seems like yesterday! Very nostalgic.

I saw him as a 16 yr old at Reading festival when he was essentially playing this set and he was brilliant. It was the start of my checked shirt years!

That was in 1980

Never saw him live unfortunately.