Best Live Albums

What! no Mott?

Classic, brought the house down literally on the occasion of the fire curtain failing and getting stuck during the rendition of Violence.

3 Likes

It is! They improvised various pieces in this recording of a concert at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam and they ended up forming the basis of the “Starless & Bible Black” album.

I was pointing it out as there’s a typo in the spreadsheet at #93.

1 Like

They picked a lousy Springsteen live album. I have 4 of the albums on this list of his top 10 concert albums and they’re all better. The album in the list did not make the top 10.

Also, as a newbie, I don’t know if I can link to YouTube video, but just search for “Full House” by the J. Geils Band and tell me it shouldn’t be in the top 25. They’re second live album is almost as good. That one is called “Blow Your Face Out,” which pretty much describes how both albums sound.

Somehow my link didn’t survive.

3 Likes

It surprises me to see Seconds Out by Genesis on the list, at number eight, no less, when the band’s first live album, Genesis Live, which is significantly better, doesn’t feature.

3 Likes

Great band back in the 70s, still great in the 2010s…seen them twice recently…fantastic shows…great live album…a favourite.

1 Like

10 Likes

From 1980 Fleetwood Mac Live.

One of my all time favourite albums.

6 Likes

Early ish Brubeck that I think is one of his best live.

Bravo_Brubeck

4 Likes

Just been bending the walls to this classic

Great sound stage…
Had the original vinyl back when it first came out, now playing this ripped version off NAS.

16 Likes

So many great live Albums, Allmans, Clapton, Van Morrison. …really like this one…lots of energy

7 Likes

Brilliant Album… :sunglasses:

1 Like

My latest addition to the Live Album collection. Number 114! It’s a good one too…

8 Likes

owned this album since it was released as you say superb! up there with The Dance for me Monday Morning - Sara - Sisters of the Moon - Go your own way etc

Has anyone heard the Qobuz hires remaster of this Fleetwood Mac Live album? I only ask because the SQ is pretty dire on the Tidal FLAC version and I’ve read similar reports about the the CD version. I was wondering if the hires remaster actually improved this.

1 Like

I don’t use Tidal or Qobuz or whatever, as I never really thought the quality was what it should be.
If you want to get an idea of the difference in the quality available for this album try this:

HDtracks
In the "Also Available " drop down you can select the different sample rates and hear the difference.
I have the original 16/44 normal CD version ripped to my NAS and it rocks - great quality.

Santana live at the Filmore in 1968 - it was recorded a year before they secured a record deal and before any of their classic albums releases.

You can appreciate the direction the band / Santana was heading.
A bit raw in places but over all SQ is pretty good and captures the performance well. A must for any Santana fan.

4 Likes

Kiss: Alive! Twice

The second one at 67 is Alive II.

Happen to be listening to this now :smile:

1 Like