Best Live Albums

Just listened to disc 1 of Nightbird, superb

Spot on.

220px-The_who_live_at_leeds

9 Likes

Really excellent live album.

9 Likes

On tour in the U.S……probably for the last time according to Tony Levin.

Great versions of classic tracks with orchestra and choir.

I saw them a few years ago in Tokyo. Supposedly they will be making their way there again at the end of the year, but I’m not sure it is feasible for me to travel there to see them, unfortunately, as I don’t live in Japan and there is zero chance of them coming to where I am.

Has anyone mentioned what is considered one of the best live recordings made?

2 Likes

The Verlaines - Live at The Windsor Castle
(the famous one in Auckland NZ, not the UK one!)

Slade Alive!
First and best live act I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Magnificent album!

Thank you so much for this. It is fantastic.

Received today to complete the Be Bop Deluxe, Cherryred, box set reissues. This only 16 discs!!!

8 Likes

The more I listen to it, the more I feel that this recording turns a good album of average blues numbers & a couple of great ones into a fantastic album where it is hard to find a duff note, let alone track. A superb performance & recording.

My one complaint, if you have seen Derek Trucks live or on video? I do wish he would occasionally look as if he is actually trying!

1 Like

I have great memories of listening to this back in 1981 in Oslo on a high-end system with a beautiful French girl.

I’d add King Curtis Live at Fillmore West. Close your eyes and you are there.

2 Likes

@Gen.Flashman …similar memories…late 70s…the girl was English and the location was Birmingham. Happy and carefree times.
BobF

1 Like

1972 age 15 I was at the Great Western Express Festival in Lincolnshire…a wet and windy weekend with some amazing acts, Beach Boys, Rory Gallagher, Roxy Music, Joe Cocker and many more…a real highlight were Slade who blew away the Faces who followed them as the headline act. Many years later I met Dave Hill who said that gig was ’ a good career move’. A brilliant live act, and lots of great pop songs.

1 Like

I really enjoy this tribute album. Joni was a guest in the audience. If you can watch this celebration it’s worthwhile

3 Likes

I’ve recently discovered the Wailin’ Jennys and listened to all their albums. Such beautifully crafted songs and very poignant lyrics makes them one of my favourite girl bands. Think of them as the Canadian equivalent but a less commercial version of the Corrs.

The quality of their live album below is just awesome!

3 Likes