Best Live Albums

Always enjoy the performance of " Dreamland " that is captured during that concert.

1 Like

I have to agree with myself!

Stunning recording. Rollins sax on ‘Bag’s Groove’ is the best I’ve heard…he’s touchable, in the room.

G

3 Likes

I just had to check… Having done a few Phono related changes (added Lingo & 523 E Boards)…

Made In Japan…

41z2J47kHtL.AC

Err… yes… it still is. Phenomenal…!

19 Likes

Live at Leeds, the best lineup at their peak.

2 Likes

In fairness, these two are also pretty good :blush:

3 Likes

Is this the same concert as the one of the Super Deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers?

Lovely to find this thread. I love Live albums. Here is the latest addition to my collection.

2 Likes

Same here. Last count I’ve got about 120 live albums on CD. That looks a good one as well…

1 Like

Think so… I’ve had several bootleg copies before I got hold of the From the Vaults release. Didn’t bother with the Sticky Fingers Deluxe release as I already had the original LP, and Cd

Thanks. Not sure either versions are gonna be easy to find for me. How does this date compare with Marquee Club set?

I like them both but prefer the Leeds show, I think the Marquee show was a promo, whereas the Leeds was part of the tour.

1 Like

Thanks. Shall see if I can find it somewhere :+1:

12 Likes

Jeff Buckley’s ‘Live At Sin-E’ (in its expanded from the original four-song EP edition) shows how the magic all began.

Stunning - just Jeff and his Fender in a tiny coffee house in New York.

Graham

2 Likes

Quite fun! Was surprised that he was able to sing that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan song.

Where are you?

Hong Kong. Lack of good CD shops, although there is one that is reasonably good with rock. But for jazz, blues and classical, it’s quite miserable.

Ah! I guess it’s mail order, not sure if these are available to download or on streaming services

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.