Best of 2022? No, 1972!

I think Electric Warrior was 1971.

1 Like

1972 was a vintage year but really think this thread should be merged with the original 1972 50 years thread as essentially they seem almost the same. Perhaps @Richard.Dane can take a view

1 Like

Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Genesis - Foxtrot
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Yes - Close to the Edge
Neil Young - Harvest

Unfortunately itā€™s a bit too late now. The system tends to choke when an attempt is made to merge more than a small handful of posts.

1 Like

Yes, good idea.

Except this one is just for rock according to the opening post.

1 Like

Rock on by all means if you wish

Yep. That was me getting overexcited.

Think most of my library is sourced from 1972. It was obviously a very good year.

1 Like

i have much more from 1971, 1973, 74 and 75. But it"s essentially jazz rock, funk and soul. I have maybe 30 albums for pop/ rock. 3 on the list in the video above.

To the best of my recollection I have just the ~24 albums I listed from that year, though possibly a handful Iā€™ve not overlooked, ignoring anything classical I might have. It seems I have about the same from 73, but I think more from 71

1 Like

Iā€™ve just remembered another album from that year: Greasy Truckersā€™ Party. A live double album recorded at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm, London, featuring Brinsley Schwarz, Hawkwind, Man and Magic Michael. There is also a minute long track of silence - it was recorded at the time of coal minersā€™ strikes, when there were power cuts, typically for a couple of hours, and they included a silent track to mark the one that occurred during the gig.

I was 3 years old but do own Exile on Main St, Harvest and Talking Book out of those three Iā€™ve played Talking Book the most over the years so though the other two are probably better records Iā€™d vote for Talking Book.

I still have the original vinyl as well as the expanded cd version. Spunk Rock by Man is an exceptional piece - twin guitar heaven courtesy of Mickey Jones and Deke Leonard. Partly reprised on the live disc of the Back to the Future album with Jam Up/Jelly Tight, Tweke Lewis replacing Deke. All good stuff

1 Like

I had the original album bought at the time - I sold it after ripping (slaps wrist), and was surprised to find it had quite a high value, though I donā€™t now remember how much it went for.

It was a limited release for Ā£1.50 I think. I was lucky that I bought it as soon as it came out as I was ā€œintoā€ both Man and Hawkwind. Yes, I believe it is now a collectors item. Man are still one of my favorite bands to this day.

From 72 Iā€™d say Pink Moon as a few others have and Amon Duul - Wolf Cityā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.