Best vinyl supplier

Dodax is one to avoid.

it’s a co uk web address but i think they’re based in Germany - rather deceptive in itself

ordered 6 albums and 2 arrived a week later. The others weren’t in stock and no idea when they would be sent.REALLY reluctant to cancel rest of order so paypal dealt with them for me!
I like juno and amazon refund easily if bent copies /scratched. Their fluctuating prices bemuse me. I bought My aim is true - Elvis C for £6.99 new vinyl and a week later it was £17!

1 Like

Another for Juno and Norman’s but thanks for the other tips.

I’ve recently been using Bandcamp - where the album’s seem to come direct from the artists - and direct from the label (e.g Strut last week). This is on the (possibly erroneous) assumption that the artists get a bigger cut. Not an issue for the big boys like Pink Floyd etc but in my favoured genre of Jazz it seems hard to make a living especially with no live gigs at the mo.

1 Like

Big fan of Juno especially as their jazz portfolio is very interesting and they seem to be able to obtain US imports at very good prices. Their buyers obviously know what they’re doing. Downside is that you have to pay for delivery - but that is ultra reliable - especially if you keep your order to less than £50 which is the delivery/cost sweet spot.
However I have completely lost faith in What Records - their stock policy and delivery has become very erratic.

1 Like

All the way from Germany ordered Sunday online came today… They kept me informed every step off its journey up to my door could not be a better service
Pity the electric is out till later but its what you get around in the sticks power going down a lot bloody geese hitting the power lines

:+1:

Yes, but worth pointing out that Juno’s prices are often less than others. The postage charge (where applicable) is also very very reasonable. 1st Class shipping which I find always delivers next day if ordered before their cut off time.
Malcolm is very responsive to queries and resolving the rare occasion when theres an issue.
Exceptional

1 Like

I use Amazon australia or Rarewaves - as their postage costs to Australia are very reasonable at about 5 pounds.
Thanks to this thread set up an order with What records - but didn’t proceed as postage was 30 pounds for a few albums - 16 pounds for just one album.

Will take a look at Juno now

Haven’t used Scott Nangle yet, but good to hear he’s ok. What Records is good and he’s a great chap. Juno are good. I tend to use Amazon a lot.

Problem ordering from The States is that the returns procedure is basically a farce. They now seem to all follow suit, whereby if there’s a problem with the pressing, you have to pay for it to be sent back and then again for them to send it to you. The postage costs have dramatically gone up too, over the past couple of years.

I would avoid Diverse Vinyl, as I have for years. They’re not pleasant at all when there’s an issue.

Re diverse. Not my experience at all, sent a album back this week with a bit of label paper stuck to the lead out track, they were full of apologies and said they would get a replacement out ASAP, good service in my book.

2 Likes

Not my experience at all. Last time I had an issue was way back with a Hendrix US Import they specially ordered for me. It had a scratch on one track, they back ordered a replacement and let me keep the other to listen too until it arrived. They provided a postage paid returns label to send back when the replacement arrived.

1 Like

I’ve been put off Diverse by their website which struggles to upload. It drives me mad. Just tried it again now and same again. I’m using an i-pad, but don’t have any problems with other websites, just Diverse’s website.

1 Like

Have received an update from What Records. Three of the four titles have despatched and the postage has been upgraded to 24hr FOC. Great service. I’ll definitely be giving them more business.

1 Like

Ive never had problems with their website either… You can use the old fashioned Dog n Bone
:wink:

That’s true. I might try the website via my home computer to see if it’s any better that way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.