Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

At Lackford Lakes in Suffolk this afternoon, and right on cue, little egrets weee doing their best to avoid me

8 Likes

We have Egrets and Cormorants around here…

5 Likes

And something from the tropics getting used to different weather patterns…

7 Likes

And ‘The Usual’!

13 Likes

As far as kingfishers go, I can match you… :grinning:
Agra, India 2018.

10 Likes

Straggler

With the melting ice, the Canadians are moving from the river to the various ponds, a short trip that still creates at times the need to catch up to the faster fliers.

3 Likes

Red on red

A Red-tail feels at home surrounded by the tiny red Maple buds. Yesterday there were two hawks in the same spot, sharing a snake the male had captured, but alas, I had no camera with me.

8 Likes

A couple of bush turkeys nests

A couple of bush turkeys

4 Likes

Vegetables with your fish, sir?
Great crested grebe, Lackford Lakes, just now, unedited.

11 Likes

The same grebe a few minutes later, another fish.

11 Likes

Such elegant little birds.

Coal tit, Lackford Lakes

9 Likes

So peaceful

8 Likes

Not my pic, but from the BBC……apparently this Kookaburra lives in the wilds of Sudbury, Suffolk. Almost certainly an escapee.

1 Like

The Suffolk Wildlife Trust said it’s been in Suffolk for about 9 years and “seems to have made itself quite at home in Suffolk”.
In an interview with the BBC Mr Kookaburra said the only thing he misses from home is Vegemite.

1 Like

Doubt it…… given they are carnivores!
Probably miss a barbecue more :wink:

Stayed in a cabin in Queensland once and fed some left over uncooked sausage’s to a kookaburra that landed on the veranda rail. To our delight within 10 minutes the bird returned with three juvenile birds who all got some sausage. It was really funny to watch as a couple proceeded to bash the sausage on the rail before eating it.

Nice one Mike😂

Yea but, Vegemite marinated Roo on the barby …… real bonza mate

1 Like

Early light at Lackford Lakes this morning

8 Likes

I’m so happy.
After a few years having a local blackbird strutting its patch with a dreadful din, a recent addition has been singing its best that would make its ancestors and potential mates quiver with the path to paradise.
When you get the right blackbird in the right spot no other competes IMHO.

4 Likes

Keeping out of the cold breeze, but in the sun

10 Likes