Bites

Same old story if you live in the area you don’t always appreciate it, though I know I’m very lucky to live here

Don’t talk to me about seagulls, they’re nest building on my roof at the moment you’ve (possibly)no idea, Bill Oddy would not feel the same as me! By the way I do support wildlife , but herring gulls are a different matter in the nesting season, I realise being in close proximity is probably making me an unreasonable nimby :confused:

Still a criminal offence to disturb them during the nesting season…

Yes I’m well aware of that thanks

1 Like

Just to be clear I would never ever harm wild life, gulls included, however in my my locale it can be challenging, over the years they have become more and more aggressive though we humans are probably to blame.
Ps they also nick sausages from my barbecues, yes really they do!

I remember being in Padstow a few years ago and we spent an absurd amount of money for two crab sandwiches from one of Rick Stein’s places. It was a lovely day and we chose a seat overlooking the harbour to eat them.

My wife took her first bite and lowered the sandwich, which was immediately snatched from her hand by a herring gull. Then flying off, it dropped it in the harbour!

So none of us were happy with the outcome. Seagulls are a major problem in seaside places and I wasn’t suggesting you would interfere with their nests, however annoying they are.

Best

David

1 Like

No problem David, chillaxing at the mo with XP’s dr and quadraSpire on loan with 272 250 and atc 40, have to admit I didn’t realise what a difference power supply and rack make :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gull guard best investment I made - living down the coast towards Dover I had a new roof put on a couple of years ago and within a few months it was redecorated white with horrible great streaks running down!

Had a gull guard put up in 30 minutes - the one in the picture is a lot more elaborate - mine is just one wire and what a marvellous simple invention - gull and pigeons never land on the roof now.

Pretty much invisible - I cringe when I see a new roof with those bunched anti bird spikes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.