Bloomin courier!

Ludwig?

1 Like

Mrs Bruss has a penchant for ordering gifts for those back in the UK with one particular company. Lately they have been using a different courier who has performed not at all well. Mrs Bruss has let the company know of her dissatisfaction a couple of times and had a refund and apology. After the last failed delivery the company has said that they will now only use the post office and parcel force service for her future orders. Whether that means the new delivery outfit will lose their contract or not we don’t know, but if the bottom line is hit by customer complaints perhaps other suppliers will follow suit.

3 Likes

I agree yet there are those strange folk on this very forum who think we are entitled for hoping to receive £21k worth of amps in one piece and having been handled with care, worse still that the hard done by van driver who literally tossed the amps to the ground is not to blame because his employers are crap - we only have these deluded old fools to blame. Perhaps they should stay in France, for example? And btw Ludwig I think was lunchtime whereas hectors house was. Who’re the news at 6pm

1 Like

Oh dear…

Now that is micey or a bit Doris Stokes!- Trevor Nelson did a set at a place my son works on Friday evening just gone!

1 Like

Thank you for such an eloquent post. It has become apparent that many couriers are overworked and undervalued by us (as a society) . I always make a point of smiling and thanking them .

Which makes the following more shameful , about three months ago I put in an order with Masters Of Malt . First they said it had been delivered when it hadn’t, then they would re-deliver it - instead it was returned .

Anyway last night another order , I got an email saying it had been delivered -then 30 seconds later saying they would re-deliver.

On both occasions I had been at home and there was no knock on the door.

This morning I told them not to bother - and an order went to the Somerset Cider Brandy Company

What hacked me off was being available to collect, being told it had been delivered and in each case it hadn’t.

I live in a rural area and I suspect I am one of the last calls.

Conscience time, have I been too harsh ? If it was the first time yes, second time no.

1 Like

Ouch - and Jeff Bezos flies off into space .

Re the couriers, The situation was bad immediate post the B word and then got a little better. Pre B I could have a large Naim sized box picked up on a Tuesday PM before 4 and delivered to me here in France by Wed 4 pm. Apre B day then it was taking three weeks on the 24 hr paid for service, finally reducing to one week on average.
Last Monday I had 5 boxes dropped off at a couriers in the UK with all the correct labelling, paperwork, and customs forms.
I have had 16 emails from one courier, 12 from another, 12 from a third, and 19 from the original courier I placed the delivery with. On top of that the local post parcel carrier has emailed me 12 times to say my parcel is about to be delivered. I have had a request to pay customs charges twice, even though they have already been paid, and today a courier rang me to ask where I was in a town 50 minutes away from me because he couldn’t find my address.
Both Chronopost and UPS have emailed me in thelast 30 minutes to say they are delivering a parcel to me tomorrow. I don’t know if the parcel or parcels are anything to do with the original order or are something else I have ordered from Amazon and Ebay. The tracking numbers given are only pertinent to each individual courier and do not correspond to my tracking numbers given by the original UK courier. I have a spreadsheet going now just for amusement to see if I can tie the various numbers together. I haven’t been totally successful :slight_smile:

The last straw (probably isn’t) is that the original company has just emailed me to confirm that a parcel has been dispatched to day on a flight to France!

I can hardly bear the excitement of what , if anything will arrive tomorrow.

On holiday abroad just pre-Covid, we got to know a wine wholesaler who lives in Germany. He and his wife wanted to send us a present of some of his local wines that he distributes nationally and internationally, but the complexity and cost of sending it to the UK in 2022 defeated him, twice.

2 Likes

Fair enough R, :slight_smile:

Let’s keep any politics out of the discussion please. Thanks.

1 Like

Not politics Richard, just how it is now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.