Bookshelf speaker for Uniti Atom

Worldofsteve,
The Audio Note dealer close to me represents the DeVore line too…the Atom is easy to carry around which makes it a pleasure to own…

1 Like

That aspect us simple: the lower the speaker sensitivity (efficiency) the less the hiss.

Can the speakers be surrounded by books etc, eith front surfaces in the same plane as speaker front baffle? If so, and ic the whale wall can be more or less filled that way, you have the potential fir pseudo soffit-mounting, a beneficial technique to eliminate comb filtering, a cause of peaks and troughs in the frequency response.

Meanwhile it is worth recognising that speakers do not gave to sit “the right way up”, and sometimes larger speakers can bd accommodated on shelves lying on their sides, which might widen the field for possible choices.

Has anyone heard the Devore micro with the Atom?

You might look into these Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX and take the 30 days. Let us know what you think. Another idea is Blumenstein Audio near Seattle. Also customer direct. My son has a pair of their Tritons as well.

I’m running Jern 11 speakers with my Atom. Sounds great.

2 Likes

Looks like I am going for the Opera Prima from Italy….a deal to good to pass up…

Have you heard it?

A bit Sonus Faber design. Looks good with their stands.

Look interesting. Front ported and 91db sensitivity. On paper should be a good match

1 Like

I’d be on a look out for a nice pair of NEAT Motive SX3s. Wonderfully musical speakers and would suit an Atom very well indeed.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard them but as a tribe member of 11 stereo and my brother Mikey there is no worries…they are shipping today, I am close to Seattle…

Side view of the Opera Prima from Italy…I will let everyone know how they sound

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Not sure what that means, nor how it is any guarantee you’ll like the speakers’ character?
Hopefully you will.

I know a forum member here who would question the choice to spend $5000 on a pair of speakers to use with an Atom, put on a shelf and be presumably used for background listening, but since he’s not posting I won’t either.

As a suggestion, changing the Atom for a Nova and using ATC HTS11 speakers will give a much better sound than could be achieved with the Atom and any bookshelf mounted speaker.

Have your speakers arrived yet? Interested to know how they sound

Hello, They are coming today, if you don’t hear from me by tomorrow post here to remind me…

Just checked they are out for delivery, so we are looking good

1 Like