Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2024 - New Product Launch

Whatever Naim do with the slight product gap between NC200 series and the Uniti series , they will have to keep it very simple.

There is probably a market for a SN3 replacement , not sure about much else

Might also need to rationalise their uniti range. I get the Atom and Nova but wonder about the Star !!

The CI-Uniti 102 is in the works, whatever it might be. A custom instal thing. Cassette deck. Toaster. Who knows?

2 Likes

Core Intelligent (Uniti) - Software/Hardware version 102, perhaps?
Youā€™d imagine there would be decent future volumes in a new integrated amp (fancy volume control, optical system automation, NPX 300 compatible, XLR inputs/outputs) and modestly priced streamer (self powered only, screen less, NC casing, XLR etc), hence my candid suggestions in Post No.1
My guidance here being what wasnā€™t made End of Life from the Classic range, including the SN3, NDX2 and the XS and 5 Series products, none of which I imagine theyā€™re manufacturing new in significant quantities and probably relying mainly on existing dealer network demo/stock inventory.
I also checked my dealers demo stock sale page today and itā€™s chock a block with 500 Series and even an ex demo statement system, may be coincidence but itā€™s kit they tend to not refresh frequently as a rule.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard reliable rumors about a SuperNova.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I think that makes sense, and more so than a revised SN3. It would logically fill the gap between the Nova and the 222. And the updated Core to match.

But it must be a surround processor otherwise the apes wonā€™t sound from everywhere.

1 Like

My guesses:

1. A New Classic Supernait.
  2. A 200-series dedicated pre-amp without streamer, NAC 232.
  3. A 1/200-series power supply: NPX 100 (shoebox) and NPX 200.
  4. A 100-series of ā€œshoeboxā€ pre- and power-amps. Imagine a NAC 100 pre with NAP 100 mini monoblock amps?

Yawn!

1 - Makes sense, although the SuperNova suggestion above might have legs as well
2 - I canā€™t see them making lower tier preamps, Iā€™d wonder what/how youā€™d cost down a NAC 332?
3 - You already have the NPX TT which could fill that gap (Type 1 + 2) at Ā£2699
4 - Tough one, thereā€™s a place for something like this, I question the true volume/demand though, and the need to keep the ranging simple and with a more consolidated supply chain, Iā€™d expect this price point would be best served by something like an Atom, namely more integrated feature set.

Tired after building that Titanic I assume :grin:

1 Like

LOL!

But I have already bought a ticket for the show, and I know where my first stop will be :smile:

(Gawd, my typing is crap this eveningā€¦.it must be because that Pixie is walking over the tablet, or maybe itā€™s the second glass of Scotch :laughing: )

Yeah Iā€™ll be going, on the Friday, itā€™s local enough to not be a stretch and usually good fun.

Iā€™m planning on Friday as well. Saints are at home on Saturday and Sueā€™s birthday is Sunday - with daughters in attendance - a busy weekend!

Thereā€™s a market for an integrated amp in the Ā£10 - 15k area. Iā€™ve no idea why Naim are not exploiting this when all their competitors are.

1 Like

Certainly a new classic SN3 pushing out 100 watts into 8 ohms

A market for that I would have thought with the npx 300 ps

A Super Duper Nait (SDN) perhaps?:wink:

I reckon on NAIT 200 if anything, youā€™d imagine also that something like that would be relatively easy to align against other New Classic products (NSC 222 and NAP 250 in particular), from a components and manufacturing perspective.

I really donā€™t see it - I think the 200 and 300 series are fully baked. I think thereā€™s an open question on how the uniti perhaps evolves into a 100 series and the big question regarding where the supernait sits. There really needs to be a higher level integrated though.

I hear you sir, thereā€™s pent up demand as you highlight, Iā€™ve certainly no more insight than the rest of us, but interesting to see where the ā€œhot spotsā€ are amongst us, a decent spec integrated and ncDAC seem to be popular at least!

1 Like