Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2024 - New Product Launch

As this event is rapidly approaching and the rumours are starting to trickle out, it seems a good chance to have a little speculative fun and ponder what we might get in terms of new kit at this event.

Starter for 10:

• Supernait 200
  • Statement Streamer
  • Nait 100 (Replacing 5 and XS Series)
  • 100 Series Streamer (replacing ND5 XS2)
6 Likes

Replacement Naim Core server, or high end server.

9 Likes

OKā€¦ Pure guesswork &/ speculation.

• NC nDAC - aka nDac Version 2 - based on the latest Naim digital gubbins (from the 222 etc).
  • NC nDrive - a CD transport of some sort (using a slot drive), maybe with ripping built inā€¦?
  • NC 100 series
  • NC 200 PS of some sort (to go below the NPX300)
1 Like

I hear you, it is the longest in the Uniti tooth of any product after all. I do wonder how big the market is for it, but it is for sure due a refresh perhaps we a matching shoebox DAC (ncDAC).

3 Likes

More PSUā€™s, I guess something cheaper would be appreciated, my guess is theyā€™ll avoid making the portfolio options too complex regards PSUā€™s.
Standalone transport and DAC could be interesting, I imagine theyā€™d be popular products and compete favourably.

1 Like

Any chance of a non-Focal resurrection of n-Sats? :pray:

7 Likes

Daveā€¦ā€¦nice wishā€¦ā€¦.have a large Scotch on me laddy. No great speakers likely imošŸ˜„

1 Like

Theyā€™ll simply bulk out the low/mid range with another cinema friendly product no doubt.

An nDac 2 with performance above the ND555, for circa Ā£9k.

G

6 Likes

laddy?

Thatā€™s ā€œladdieā€ ya Southern ignoramus! :wink: :wink: :joy:

8 Likes

That would be nice.

1 Like

Thats me summed up for a teešŸ˜‚

1 Like

The nDAC has always had a lot of love (and still does), a product often discussed and likely to be popular in a New Classic guise.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe this will happen any time soon, but a new server is the only thing that I would immediately buy without demo, if only to acquire a new mental challenge!

6 Likes

Davidā€¦ā€¦class reply, Naim owe you the new one for free, if only to debug it for themšŸ‘

5 Likes

Disappointment for people wanting more Naim bits to be announced.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, on the 7 years of the Core thread, there has been inky black silence from Steve when flagged about the absence of software improvementsā€¦.

Glad someone else noticed the sound of silence. :blush:

3 Likes

I donā€™t expect any new product announcements at all from Naim this year.

I was looking for the post that quoted Jaz Gould as saying that the Statement Streamer wouldnā€™t arrive until 2025 and the 500 series replacements would not arrive until 2026 but I canā€™t find it. Perhaps it was moderated.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ā€¦he cannot wait to sort out a Vtuner issueā€¦ā€¦but mysteriously absent on other issues.

1 Like