BT Smart Hub 2 Playing Up Again

Thanks Mike, will try this evening. The problem is across both iPhones (we have 4 in the house) & iPads (2 of those), issue is the same across all.

Hi again Chris, just so thereā€™s no misunderstanding this is a try-and-see, if it doesnā€™t do anything, go back to your previous BT SH2 settings.

Seems a BT SH reboot resolved my issue - thanks for all the tips - feel free to keep going here as these threads are useful troubleshooting resources.

1 Like

Hi all,

Great advice all round. I am no expert here. I did investigate as I did have similar issues around our house with my Gen 1 Musoā€™s and QBā€™s disappearing from the app on a WiFi connection. I am also using the BT router with the black discs which I ad placed around the house.
I invested in a local WiFi guru! I now have two new units to replace the black discs a AX20 and AX50. Since taking out the black discs and replacing them and keeping the BT router my disappearing Naim steamers are far more reliable to appear in the appā€¦go figure!
As mentioned I am no expert, just relieved that this problem has gone away. Gen 1 Musosā€™s do seem far more sensitive to this than any other WiFi devices I have. I no not why!!
Just my Ā£5ā€¦inflation!!!

I agree with Mike - and as I stated above this is most likely an iOS / app issue with Naim. The BT devices are typically well behaved here because of BT Vision, so if a device is slightly errant i suspect it will fail on higher calibre equipment such as the SH2 that is designed to support the underlying methods being used.

I suspect its to do with iOS IGMP version / Broadcast interoperability with the Naim Qb2 and Muso devices and SH2 when both are on the network. (but that is supposition as I have not seen logs and donā€™t experience the issues) otherwise i would have flagged in the beta programme

I have no issue with my Qb and NDX2 and Naim app with a BT SH2 - in fact the SH2 functionality helps the Naim app with faster more effective discovery. (and so I have now retired my Cisco IGMP querier which did the same thing).

I suggest if you have difficulties i would advise Naim and they can get proper logging underway and if there is a specific of interworking issue of a AB2 and Muso sharing the same network with a SH2 / iOS then Naim can see the specifics and potentially get addressed with a workaround or fix.

BTW I donā€™t recommend constantly rebooting your SH2 - you may find your sync speed (broadband speed) gets downgraded. Rebooting to temporarily resolve again suggests to me this is some sort of IGMP interoperability issue with Naim

Just for info, firmware v0.31.00.10253-BT arrived overnight, nothings changed, all working as expected.
The Wifi Disc was also updated to 0.30.00.08260

1 Like

Mine is still v0.30.01.08093-BT updated 7 Dec 2021. I assume it updates automatically. Strange.

Phil

Yes its automatic, they seem to spread it around over a period, Iā€™ve no idea of, or if, there is logic in it. Simon-in-Suffolk posted he had the new version 20 days ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.